Janine is an experienced data protection lawyer and leads our Data Protection and Privacy practice. She has particular expertise advising clients in the life sciences, retail/consumer and technology sectors.
Janine has extensive experience advising multinational corporations on a range of matters, including global data protection compliance projects, privacy impact and legitimate interests assessments, automated decision making, data breaches, international data transfers, privacy notices, marketing issues, data subject rights requests and data processing and data sharing agreements. She is also knowledgeable in emerging areas of law and policy that overlap with data protection such as AI, cyber resilience, cyber-security and digital ID.
Janine has also been recognised as a global leader in data protection by Who's Who Legal.
- Advising a music streaming platform on GDPR compliance and personalised recommendations.
- Advising a search engine on display advertising and the exemptions under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
- Advising a global OEM on the impacts of proposed cyber-resilience legislation.
- Co-ordinating multijurisdictional advice on non-solicited direct marketing.
- Advising a global corporation on updating its Binding Corporates Rules to comply with GDPR requirements.
- Managing and advising on complex and contentious subject access requests.