Jamie Tilling, Associate
Jamie advises on a wide range of corporate and personal insolvency matters, both contentious and non-contentious. He acts for insolvency practitioners, secured and unsecured creditors, lenders, borrowers, shareholders, directors of insolvent companies and private individuals. He has experience dealing with administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies for a wide range of clients, including several matters with cross-border elements.
He has experience acting on a variety of contentious matters including antecedent transactions, debt recovery, directors’ misfeasance and fraud. As regards to non-contentious work, he has acted for insolvency practitioners on the sale of the business and assets of insolvent companies and has advised directors and shareholders of insolvent or nearing-insolvent companies on their rights and obligations from an insolvency perspective.
- Acted on a substantial professional negligence and dishonest assistance claim against a professional services firm in relation to an alleged fraud.
- Advised office-holders on the insolvent sales of the business and assets of a chain of health-food stores and a national retailer.
- Acted on the recovery of large loans, on behalf of a multi-national bank, against individuals based offshore.
- Acted for a liquidator in relation to bringing significant claims against former directors for misfeasance and breach of directors’ duties.
- Advised the trustees in bankruptcy of a multi-million pound bankruptcy estate in relation to various claims including antecedent transactions with cross-border elements.