Jamie has a corporate and personal insolvency practice, advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters. He works with insolvency practitioners, directors, creditors (secured and unsecured), debtors, shareholders and other stakeholders on a wide range of insolvency issues. Jamie’s work often has a cross-border element (including cases in continental Europe, America and Africa).
Jamie has a particular interest in the sports industry and has advised clients in relation to boxing, football, rugby, tennis and gymnastics issues.
- Acting on the high-profile insolvency of Global Steel Holidngs Limited, an Isle of Man company linked to steel tycoon Pramod Mittal.
- Advising the Joint Liquidators of a high-profile British political consulting firm involving negotiations with the ICO and data processing queries.
- Acting for Grant Thornton as the Joint Administrators of Douglas & Gordon Limited, a London-based estate agency, in its administration and in the subsequent sale of its UK business and assets.
- Advising the joint-liquidators of a construction company on a multi-million pound dispute involving an English football club.
- Advising a television network on a privacy dispute with a former world champion boxer.