James advises developers, housebuilders, contractors and funders on all types of construction documentation, including domestic and international standard forms of construction contracts. He is also experienced in advising on a wide range of disputes in different dispute resolution forums, including mediation, adjudication, expert determination and litigation.
James has drafted the commentary on the JCT Standard Building Contract 2016 for the Isurv website and has published articles in Building, Construction News and Civil Engineering Surveyor. James is ranked as a 'Recommended Lawyer' in Legal 500.
James is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Countryside on the development of 2,600 homes at Eastern Quarry, Ebbsfleet
- Advising on the construction contracts for the $1.1 billion airport modernisation project at Bahrain International Airport
- Advising on a number of offshore construction contracts and operation and maintenance contracts for the London Array wind farm
- Advising on the defence of a number of claims arising out of fire safety issues and allegedly defective cladding
- Advising on a multi-million-pound adjudication arising out of the Crossrail project
- Advising on a multi-million-pound claim in the TCC against three defendants regarding defective foundations in a number of residential properties.