James is an associate who advises on a wide range of corporate matters including transactional work for public and private companies, investments, private equity and general corporate advisory work. He has also written a number of pieces on regulatory issues and developments (including the role of private equity) in sport.
James is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising managed services provider, Acora, on its growth strategy including the acquisitions of Secrutiny, Westgate IT and M9 IT. Acora delivers a wide range of industry leading 24/7 IT infrastructure, cloud and helpdesk services, working primarily with UK-headquartered global mid-market companies.
- Advising long standing AIM-listed client, Europa Oil and Gas (Holdings) plc, the UK, Ireland and Morocco focused renewable energy, oil and gas exploration, development and production company, on a range of fundraising and corporate matters including its most recent £7m equity fundraising announced in March 2022.
- Advised Ten Oaks Group, the US private equity investment house, on the acquisition of the ScanSource Europe Group (a communications and point of sale distributor).
- Advising awarding-winning IT support and technology services provider, Content+Cloud, on its growth strategy including the acquisition of Azzure IT.
- Advised Waverton Investment Management Group on its acquisition of Cornerstone Asset management LLP. Cornerstone offers wealth management and financial planning advice.
- Advised the founders of MyBuilder, an online marketplace connecting consumers with builders and tradespeople, on the sale of the company to US conglomerate IAC.
- Advised Civica Group, an investee company of Partners Group, on its bolt-on acquisition of Trac Systems, an e-recruitment software provider
- Advised the shareholders of a well-known cinema company on the sale of their business to Sony.
- Acted for Green Energy Options Limited on the acquisition of ONZO Limited, a software solutions entity specialising in energy consumption data analytics.
- Acting for fashion business Farfetch on its acquisition of an IT software platform company.
- Acting for a number of early-stage growth companies on seed and friend & family investment rounds. Clients include Purdy & Figg Ltd (provider of premium hand sanitisers); DASH water and Quotech (insurance data and software platform provider).
- Advised the partners of Safeonline LLP on the sale of their cyber and tech specialist broker business to international insurance broker - Howden
- Advised AIM listed global advertising technologies platform provider Tremor International Ltd (formerly Taptica International Ltd) on its recommended all share offer for AIM listed RhythymOne plc (also a global advertising technology company) by way of a court approved UK Scheme of Arrangement.
- Acting for a number of sports clients, including Nike, Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Leicester City Football Club.