Iwan Williams, Senior Associate
Iwan advises on a broad range of private client issues including all aspects of estate and succession planning, the creation and maintenance of trusts, Wills, planning for incapacity and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Iwan advises on a broad range of private client issues including all aspects of estate and succession planning, most often with a landed estate dimension. He also regularly advises HNW entrepreneurs and business owners in relation to a wide range of succession and tax matters.
His particular focus is asset preservation and protecting family wealth in the long term.
Work highlights include:
- Advising on the establishment and ongoing management of several “Balfour” style arrangements and the restructuring of estates to maximise tax efficiency.
- Advising on complex issues arising in relation estate administration, including BPR, APR, heritage assets and the effect on succession strategy and taxation.
- Formulating a succession plan for a historic company which culminated in a bespoke Family Constitution combining individual succession and corporate governance issues.
- Advising on complex personal tax and trust matters for high net worth individuals, families and trustees, in relation to many different ownership and occupation structures
- Working closely with landed estate owners, their trustees and their professional advisers, in relation to a range of taxation, trust and succession planning advice
- Advising business owners on tax and succession issues, including passing assets to the next generation tax efficiently, whilst retaining proper provision and control for the current generation