Irene Kamya, Knowledge Development Lawyer
Irene has been working as a corporate and private immigration solicitor since she qualified.
AboutIrene is responsible for updating the immigration team on changes in legislation and case law as they arise. Irene qualified as a solicitor in 2009. She attended the University of Leeds and completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course with a Commendation from BPP School of Law.
Irene has been working as a corporate and private immigration solicitor since she qualified. Irene is known for her empathetic approach towards clients and professionalism. She is particularly skilled at providing solution - based advice on complex immigration matters for businesses and individuals.
Irene is an Affiliate member of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administration (ICSA). Drawing from her knowledge on corporate governance and her experience as a UKVI Compliance Officer in the education sector, she has advised education establishments and SMEs on risk management, sponsor compliance matters and immigration aspects of business restructuring.
Irene is passionate about advising clients in her local community. She has appeared as a guest speaker on a radio station, has set up free legal clinics providing immigration advice at her local library. She is a regular contributor of legal updates on community blogs and has conducted immigration conferences at various community events.
- Successfully applying for British citizenship in a complex nationality case
- Advising a University with a sponsor licence on UKVI compliance related matters in relation to their Tier 2 and Tier 4 workers
- Advising and assisting an Oil & Gas company in successfully obtaining a sponsor licence and subsequently assisting the company’s sponsored workers in obtaining their visas.
- Successfully challenging refusals under Administrative Review
- Successfully advising clients on family migration matters