Hannah Kent, Associate
Hannah is a commercial litigator with specialist experience in sport and media disputes, reputation management and fraud.
Hannah is a commercial litigator who works on a range of commercial and regulatory disputes, specialising in sport and media in particular. She works for a broad range of clients including individuals, large governing bodies and multi-national corporates. A great deal of Hannah’s work has an international element.
Hannah has experience advising clients in relation to commercial disputes, challenges to regulatory decisions, and other regulatory and disciplinary issues. Hannah has particular experience in carrying out investigations and conducting reviews. She also regularly advises on the resolution of disputes involving both personal and corporate reputation issues, including defamation disputes and cases concerning the protection of private or confidential information.
Hannah also has experience handling multi-million pound litigation through the High Court and securing worldwide freezing orders.
Hannah completed a secondment to a national Sports Governing Body where she worked on a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters. Gaining in-house experience has provided her with useful insight into the needs of her clients.
Hannah is admitted to practice in England and Wales and is a fluent Spanish speaker.
- Acting for television broadcasters and producers in defamation and privacy claims and providing pre-broadcast clearance.
- Acting for various journalists and celebrities in defamation and privacy proceedings, including in the on-going phone hacking litigation.
- Advising a Sports Governing Body on the re-write of its entire rules framework and drafting regulations.
- Conducting regulatory investigations for a Sports Governing Body.
- Advising on a contractual dispute relating to services provided by an offshore company in respect of the purchase a Premier League football club.
- Investigating and acting in a fraud claim for a Middle Eastern client and securing a worldwide freezing order, and subsequent multi-jurisdictional enforcement.
Hannah Kent writes for Commercial Litigation Journal on 'serious harm' in defamation claims
Charles Russell Speechlys achieves settlement for clients from News Group Newspapers
The settlement of privacy claims for unlawful voicemail interception on behalf of three of our clients have now been confirmed.