Hannah Edwards, Associate
Hannah specialises in insolvency and restructuring and acts on contentious and non-contentious insolvency related matters for a variety of different clients.
Hannah advises insolvency practitioners, companies, directors, creditors and debtors on restructuring and recovery options.
Prior to joining the firm, Hannah spent a year’s working at a London based insolvency practitioners firm as an insolvency administrator. Here, Hannah dealt with all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency, ranging from the preparation of pre and post-appointment documents to conducting investigations into the conduct of directors, including investigating antecedent transactions. Hannah obtained a clear understanding of the commercial practicalities to be considered when providing advice in these areas.
- Acted for a trustee in bankruptcy providing advice on protecting and preserving his interests in the bankrupt’s solely owned and jointly owned property and subsequent sale and possession of the debtor’s property;
- Acted for a bankrupt in relation to his application for the annulment of the bankruptcy order in accordance with section 282(1)(b) of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Acted for a director, in advising on and preparing notices (under Section 216 Insolvency Act 1986) to enable continued use of a trading name
- Acted for a trustee in bankruptcy, in dealing with wide ranging and multi part requests under section 366 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for information on dealings with bankruptcy property
- Acted for a liquidator (acting on the liquidating company’s behalf) in relation to a claim calling in the inter-company debt from an associated company and advising on misfeasance claim against the director;
- Acting for the Joint Liquidator in relation to their claim against the directors of the company in liquidation for repayment of the director’s loan account and post-petition dispositions;
- Acted for administrator in relation to applications for extension of administration period;
- Acted for a creditor in relation to the presentation of the winding up petition against a property development company;
- Acted for a property development company responding to a petition presented at court to wind up the company. Making an application for an injunction to restrain advertisement of the winding up petition along with an application to strike out the petition on the basis of substantial grounds to dispute the petition debt;
- Acted for a Landlord advising on the validity of a statutory demand served on his Tenant and his Tenant’s Guarantor in respect of unpaid rent, service charge and interest and dealing with the Tenant/Guarantor’s application to set aside the statutory demand;
- Acted for member of a credit union in respect of alleged misfeasance claim asserted by the Joint Liquidators and handling negotiations;
- Acted for debtor and his wife in respect of alleged transaction at an undervalue claim in relation to the sale of their home and potentially void transactions made after the presentation of the bankruptcy petition;
- Acted for a director of a company in connection with the restructuring of loans with the company’s creditors.
Extension of the measures introduced by the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
Turbulent Times for Virgin Atlantic!
Hannah looks at Virgin Atlantic's plans for a private-only solvent recapitalisation
Turbulent Times for Virgin Atlantic!
COVID-19: what does the next chapter hold?
Decline in the Retail Sector: an Insolvency Perspective
Reviewing the impact of the decline in the retail sector and options available to lenders considering an exit strategy.