Hannah Dart, Associate
Hannah advises UK and international individuals and trustees on UK tax, trust and succession planning matters.
SummaryHannah advises a broad range of UK and international individuals and trustees on UK tax, trust and succession planning matters. . She drafts Wills and trusts, as well as advising on the related tax and other issues and planning opportunities, with a focus on ensuring tax efficiency and asset protection wherever possible.
Hannah regularly advises non-UK resident and/or domiciled clients on matters with an international element, in conjunction with local lawyers where necessary, and spent six months based in the firm’s Zurich office.
Hannah recently spent time working in-house at a leading wealth management company, liaising with advisors to identify tax planning opportunities available to their clients. This involved a particular focus on the issues and opportunities for non-UK domiciled clients and for business owners.
Hannah is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising clients on how to pass assets to their heirs in a tax-efficient manner, whilst also seeking to protect assets from non-tax threats
- Liaising with advisors in jurisdictions around the world to devise coordinated succession plans for clients with assets in, or connections to, multiple jurisdictions
- Helping business owners to optimise the availability of personal tax reliefs through gifts or business restructurings (often in conjunction with our corporate and corporate tax teams), particularly in advance of a proposed sale
- Devising lifetime giving strategies which take full advantage of tax efficient methods of giving, using appropriate structures to protect assets from non-tax threats
- Advising non-UK resident trustees on their exposure to UK taxes in relation to UK properties, including restructuring the ownership of those properties where desirable to mitigate future UK tax liabilities