Hannah advises a broad range of UK and international individuals and trustees regarding UK tax, trusts and succession planning. As a farmer’s daughter, she enjoys working with rural and family businesses and is particularly interested in natural capital and the opportunities (and risks) that increased focus on this area may create for landowners.
Hannah is admitted to practise in England & Wales and is a fully qualified STEP member, having passed the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) diploma with merit.
Hannah’s recent experience includes:
- Advising on inheritance tax planning in the context of a sale of a landed estate.
- Advising on the restructuring of family trusts holding land qualifying for inheritance tax reliefs.
- Advising on the inheritance tax and capital gains tax implications of transferring shares in a family trading business into trust prior to a sale.
- Preparing documentation to transfer land into a farming partnership to enable it to qualify for business property relief.
- Providing a domicile opinion and advising on exposure to UK inheritance tax for a Canadian resident client born in the UK.