Hamish Perry, Partner
Hamish is a corporate transactional lawyer with experience in a wide range of deals and advisory work.
AboutHamish advises on general company and commercial matters with a particular emphasis on private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fundraisings/private equity and corporate reorganisations.
Hamish acts for a broad range of corporate, institutional, governmental and private clients/management teams, both domestically and internationally.
Hamish has been particular active in the TMT sectors, as well as Recruitment/Human Capital and Retail and Leisure.
Hamish is particularly active in the Caribbean and is very experienced in advising clients on transactions in that region across a number of industry groups and sectors. He is an active participant in a number of Caribbean-focussed bodies and a frequent traveller to the region.
Hamish is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the Government of The Bahamas on the privatisation of The Bahamas Telecommunications Company, the auction of a second mobile licence and various other matters
- Advising media company, ITV, on various transactions in the TMT sector
- Advising ANSA McAL on the acquisition of Berger Paints Caribbean business from Mumbai-listed Asian Paints. Headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago, the ANSA McAL Group is a diversified conglomerate across eight industrial sectors and operating in over eight territories
- Advising some of the partners of Ascent Underwriting, a cyber and specialty lines insurance MGA, in connection with the sale of their interests to Preservation Capital Partners
- Advising a major Healthcare sector client on a number of corporate transactions.
- Advising UCL Hospitals Charity on the sale of Inventive Medical to Medaphor Group plc
- Advising Meredith Corporation in relation to its investment in Iris Worldwide
- Advising an international tea trader on the sale of its Rwandan operations to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kolkata-based, McLeod Russel India Limited, one of the largest tea producers in the world
- Advising on the sale of Hawk-Eye to Sony
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the founders of Compandben on the sale of the business to TopSource Worldwide
Compandben is one of the longest established international providers of employment solutions.
Preparing your company for sale
We set out here some initial steps to consider in anticipation of a sale.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the sale of No.1 Lounges Ltd to SwissportALD
SwissportALD will run nine No.1 Lounge properties at the UK’s London Heathrow, London Gatwick, and Birmingham airports.
Charles Russell Speechlys releases H1 2021 deal highlights
Our deal highlights from the past 6 months are now available.
Charles Russell Speechlys proud to sponsor the ‘Outstanding Achievement’ award at the final Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 awards
The awards celebrated the successes of Britain’s 100 private companies with the fastest-growing sales.
Charles Russell Speechlys present at EIS Association Autumn Technical Seminar 2020
Our presentation covered the tax and corporate considerations for companies preparing for a possible exit.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the owners of Safeonline LLP on its sale to Howden Broking Group Limited
Safeonline LLP has a proprietary insurtech platform, iQ, which will offer the capability to provide cyber insurance capability.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Purdy & Figg Ltd on equity fundraising round
Purdy & Figg Ltd is a family owned manufacturer of natural, premium cleaning products.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Wimbledon NeuroCare and Ascot Rehabilitation on the acquisition of a healthcare diagnostic centre
Both Ascot Rehab and Wimbledon NeuroCare provide high quality rehabilitation services for people with neurological conditions.
Podcast: Fika Community and Mental Fitness
Gareth Fryer, Co-Founder of Fika, discusses the start-up of the company, ‘Mental Fitness’ and gives insights into his own mental health.
Tech M&A Forum & TMT M&A Forum - May 2019
A summary of the key themes discussed at the TMT M&A Forum 2019 and Tech M&A Forum 2019.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the management buy-out of Principle Cleaning Services
PCS is a market leader in providing corporate, commercial cleaning in London to some of the most famous landmark buildings in the Capital.