Hamish acts for a broad range of corporate, institutional, governmental and private clients/management teams, both domestically and internationally.
Hamish has been particular active in the TMT sectors, as well as Recruitment/Human Capital and Retail and Leisure.
Hamish is particularly active in the Caribbean and is very experienced in advising clients on transactions in that region across a number of industry groups and sectors. He is an active participant in a number of Caribbean-focussed bodies and a frequent traveller to the region.
Hamish is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the Government of The Bahamas on the privatisation of The Bahamas Telecommunications Company, the auction of a second mobile licence and various other matters
- Advising media company, ITV, on various transactions in the TMT sector
- Advising ANSA McAL on the acquisition of Berger Paints Caribbean business from Mumbai-listed Asian Paints. Headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago, the ANSA McAL Group is a diversified conglomerate across eight industrial sectors and operating in over eight territories
- Advising some of the partners of Ascent Underwriting, a cyber and specialty lines insurance MGA, in connection with the sale of their interests to Preservation Capital Partners
- Advising a major Healthcare sector client on a number of corporate transactions.
- Advising UCL Hospitals Charity on the sale of Inventive Medical to Medaphor Group plc
- Advising Meredith Corporation in relation to its investment in Iris Worldwide
- Advising an international tea trader on the sale of its Rwandan operations to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kolkata-based, McLeod Russel India Limited, one of the largest tea producers in the world
- Advising on the sale of Hawk-Eye to Sony