Haleema Wahid, Associate
Haleema is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer and has worked in the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates and in Bahrain.
Haleema’s practice encompasses advising multinational companies, banks, governments and ultra-high-net-worth individuals on a range of complex matters; including those pertaining to general commercial litigation and arbitration, banking and finance, investigations, as well as international and regional enforcement. Haleema has a particular focus on litigation in the English Courts, the DIFC Courts and the UAE Courts as well as arbitration and mediation in London, Bahrain and in the UAE; including under the rules of the DIFC-LCIA, LCIA, ICC, DIAC and the BCDR-AAA.
Prior to qualifying as a lawyer, Haleema worked in international human rights and development and completed projects in South Africa, Botswana, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Jerusalem and Zambia. Haleema maintains a strong interest in Pro Bono work and is actively involved in a number of associated initiatives.
Haleema is admitted to practice in England and Wales, the Dubai International Financial Centre (Part 1 registered), and the Emirate of Dubai.
Haleema is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi.
- Defending proceedings in the English Commercial Court in respect of the high-value sale of an Islamic Manuscript.
- Acting for a UAE investment company in an AED 800 million+ partnership dispute with a foreign listed property developer in LCIA arbitration, including related court proceedings in Singapore and the DIFC Courts.
- Acting for the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Bahrain in relation to the structural separation of the Bahrain Telecommunications Company BSC(c): the first project of its kind in the GCC.
- Working as part of the team on the Awal Bank Administration, which involved over 75 litigation suits in over 7 different jurisdictions.
- Representing a global luxury automotive manufacturer in defending DIFC-LCIA proceedings relating to the termination of an import agreement and managing related proceedings (including anti-suit applications) in the Courts of Pakistan.
- Acting for a leading UAE electronics retailer in defending DIFC-LCIA proceedings relating to commission payments under a distribution agreement.
- Acting in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation for a prominent UAE insurer in the DIFC and Dubai Courts.
- Conducting investigations and asset-tracing in respect of a listed fund based in Cyprus.