Haleema Wahid, Associate
Haleema specialises in cross-border commercial litigation, contentious construction and arbitration. She advises and assists international clients in a broad range of disputes across a number of sectors.
AboutHaleema is an Associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution department and advises corporate and high net-worth clients in complex pre-litigation, litigation and arbitral proceedings as well as on the cost-effective and timely settlement of disputes. Prior to joining Charles Russell Speechlys in 2018, Haleema trained at a City law firm in the United Kingdom, where she gained experience in commercial litigation, construction disputes and commercial real estate. Haleema was also seconded to the firm’s Dubai office, where she was involved in a variety of international projects, corporate, real estate and contentious construction work.
Haleema graduated with a degree in Law (LLB (Hons)) from King’s College London and obtained a Masters degree in Law, Business and Management from the University of Law. She has also lived and worked in South Africa, Jerusalem and Zambia and is fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi with an intermediate knowledge of Arabic (written).
Part of a team acting for the Central Bank of Bahrain in respect of a multi-billion US dollar fraudulent scheme of arrangement involving 75 proceedings in various jurisdictions (USA, Cayman Islands, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain).
Providing advice to a high-net worth client in an investment fraud claim against a BVI company.
Acting for a national airline to bring multiple claims against various defendants in different jurisdictions.
- Non-Contentious: Acting for a regulatory authority in the implementation of a major first-of-its-kind telecoms project in Bahrain.
At a previous City law firm:
- Holyoake v Candy  – Part of the trial team in Holyoake v Candy  EWHC 52 (QB) - acted for the Candy brothers and associated parties to successfully defeat a £132 million claim against them for alleged conspiracy and economic duress - one of The Lawyer's top 20 cases of 2017
- International Arbitration: assisting with an urgent freezing injunction in support of a Swiss arbitration and the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award in respect of a dispute within the aviation sector.
- Advocacy: preparing and presenting a summary judgment application in the County Court (successfully achieved judgment in the client’s favour as well as an enhanced damages and costs award).
- Construction Disputes: coordinating and leading parts of the preliminary disclosure (involving 7.1 million documents) in respect of a complex delay dispute; main fee earner responsible for settling a defects claim against a contractor whilst managing limitation issues.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys Wins Bahrain Law Firm of the Year Award at The Oath Middle East Legal Awards 2018
Our Bahrain team has been announced as the winner of the Bahrain Law Firm of the Year Award at The Oath Middle East Awards 2018.