Ghassan El Daye, Partner
Ghassan heads the Arabic regional litigation practice in the Middle East.
SummaryGhassan heads the Arabic regional litigation practice in the Middle East and specialises in all areas of dispute resolution with a particular emphasis on construction, commercial, civil, banking, real estate and criminal matters. Ghassan has over 23 years’ experience in litigation and dispute resolution. His extensive in-depth experience in civil, Sharia, commercial, real estate, banking, construction and criminal laws have enabled him to represent clients in some of the region’s most high profile and complex cases. Offering a full scope of litigation services from drafting to implementation of case strategies locally and internationally, Ghassan is one of few litigators who won multi-billion dollar cases for clients and advised on high complex and cross border disputes. In addition, Ghassan possesses thorough expertise in matters of civil, administrative, real estate, banking and Sharia’h law.
Ghassan is admitted to practise in Lebanon.
- Acting for a Kuwaiti Investment Company listed on the Kuwait Stock Exchange in highly complex 2.6 billion AED litigation and arbitration proceedings against a Chinese Construction Company before the local and commercial courts in Abu Dhabi
- Acting for a leading Kuwaiti Real Estate Development Company in Qatar against a prominent main contractor in a 600m QAR complex litigation and arbitration proceedings before the local courts in Qatar and Qatar International Center for Conciliation and Arbitration
- Representing a leading semi-government Real Estate Development Company in Dubai against a prominent master developer to appoint a court expert to review and audit a 1.2 billion AED joint venture investment contract for off plan property sales of a huge residential project
- Advising a high net worth Saudi owner in Makkah against the developer of a hotel project in complex arbitration proceedings in Arabic over a 100 million Saudi Riyal contract before the Mecca and Jeddah Courts
- Acting for a prominent bank in the UAE in a landmark case of phishing, internet abuse and hacking of accounts
- Acting for a well-known UAE airline in a complex dispute which involved both conventional and Sharia law
- Acting for one of the largest tech companies in the Silicon Valley to recognise and enforce a California Court order before Dubai Courts for 10 million AED
News & Insights
Case Report: Pearl Qatar Judgment
Ghassan El Daye discusses a landmark judgment in Qatar.