Georgina advises on complex cross-border disputes, cross-jurisdictional contractual disputes, issues arising under shareholder and joint venture agreements, and wide-ranging disputes concerning commercial contracts. Georgina also assists clients in managing disputes and minimising the need to resort to formal legal proceedings where possible.
The majority of Georgina’s practice involves acting for corporates and financial institutions in international commercial arbitration across the MENA region and globally. She is experienced in advising and acting on cases involving multi-jurisdictional issues.
Georgina is admitted as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
- Bringing complex and high-value claims (USD$ 600 million and USD$ 500 million respectively) in KSA arising out of the administration of a large Bahrain-based bank for the return of equities fraudulently purchased in the bank’s name and in relation to the return of land held on trust.
- Acting for a UAE investment company in an AED 800 million+ partnership dispute with a foreign listed property developer in LCIA arbitration, including related court proceedings in Singapore and the DIFC Courts.
- Advising in respect of a multi-million High Court fraud matter brought in England by individuals in the Middle East involving breaches of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of funds.
- Acting for a Bahraini financial institution in bringing USD$ 15 million+ arbitral proceedings in the Bahrain Chamber of Dispute Resolution, under English law, in respect of complex Shari'ah-compliant transactions, allegations of negligence, and set-off arrangements.
- Representing KSA-based industrial company in an ICC arbitration governed by Chinese law in respect of non-delivery of bespoke machinery and the subsequent challenge to that award as filed with the French Appeal Court, together with simultaneous recovery proceedings in KSA.
- Advising in respect of the global enforcement, and concurrent recognition in a KSA bankrupt estate, of a USD$ 780 million judgment.