Georgina Munnik, Associate
Georgina advises commercial entities on international and multi-jurisdictional contentious matters across MENA, Europe and the USA.
SummaryWith 4 years of experience in the Middle East, Georgina specialises in commercial litigation, mediation and arbitration with both domestic and international elements. This includes a broad range of commercial disputes and corporate litigation matters across the MENA region.
Georgina advises on debt matters, enforcement issues, insolvency, complex cross border disputes, issues arising under telecommunications law and general disputes regarding commercial contracts. Georgina is familiar with advising regulatory and government entities, together with private and commercial clients.
In addition to the above, Georgina counsels on contentious matters in the construction industry. Her experience includes advice on construction, engineering and projects claims. She has been involved in advising on high value claims in respect of delay damages, performance bond demands and contractor negligence disputes. Her experience includes advising contractors and consultants as well as developers and funders.
Georgina is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Representing a global contractor in a complex high value design liability dispute
- Advising in a cross border enforcement of a multi-million dollar BCDR award for a Bahrain based Islamic finance institution, together with related international proceedings in both the USA and New Zealand
- Advising a major international contractor on claims by its developer for professional negligence and additional costs
- Representing a contractor in a dispute relating to a high value performance bond demand together with claims for delay damages
- Continued assistance on the multi-billion dollar litigation for Awal Bank (in administration) including complex matters of international banking practice and fraud