Gareth Mills, Partner
Gareth has been based in our Middle East offices since 2010 and advises on commercial dispute resolution, regulatory and competition matters, international arbitrations and corporate restructuring with a particular focus on the TMT sector.
Gareth has especial experience in international arbitrations having represented clients in LCIA, UNICTRAL and ICC Arbitral proceedings across a range of jurisdictions. Gareth is the ALFA Young Lawyer representative for our Manama Office.
Gareth also advises TMT clients in relation to regulatory compliance acting for operators, regulators and technology companies across the GCC.
Gareth is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Successfully advising a regional telecommunications operator in an LCIA arbitration brought against it for USD$ 680 million resulting in the claim being dismissed and the costs of the action being recovered
- Advising a Telecommunications Regulatory Authority in relation to the structural separation of the former incumbent operator into two distinct legal entities, one managing the National Broadband Network and the other retail and enterprise operations
- Advising a multinational ICT company on a multi-million dollar dispute relating to a master services agreement for the build out and maintenance of a hybrid Wi-Max and LTE Network under the LCIA Rules
- Successfully advising a Saudi Arabian business in relation to the appeal of a UNICTRAL Arbitration award to the Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague
- Successfully advising a Telecommunications Regulatory Authority in a two year UNICTRAL arbitration with a dominant operator, resulting in the regulator's decision being upheld and a fine of in excess of USD$ 1.85 million being imposed upon the operator
Gareth Mills extensively quoted by Al Arabiya on the successes of recent Gulf restructuring changes, in light of Covid-19 and the oil price crisis
Lexis Nexis Middle East feature Charles Russell Speechlys' role in the Bahrain Telecommunications Regulatory Authority's publication of BNet Reference Offer
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Bahrain on the formation of BNet BSC
The culmination of a ground-breaking three year project which will transform the telecommunications landscape of the Kingdom of Bahrain.