Fiona Edmond, Partner
Fiona is a construction specialist advising developers, investors and occupiers across the offices, hotels, life sciences and data centre sectors.
Fiona advises office developers on a wide range of construction projects and property transactions, including central London office and mixed-use developments.
Fiona also acts for hotel developers in respect of their asset maintenance and development and routinely acts for purchasers and tenants in relation to complex acquisitions and lettings. Fiona has extensive experience in the life sciences and data centre sectors.
Fiona has been ranked as a leading individual in Chambers & Partners every year since 2013.
Fiona is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
Advising Derwent London Plc on:
- a £196 million building contract with Laing O'Rourke for the construction of a new theatre at one Soho Place. The scheme will contain 209,000 sq ft of offices, 36,000 sq ft of retail and a 40,000 sq ft theatre; and
- a £178 million contract with Multiplex for the redevelopment of 80 Charlotte Street, the former Saatchi & Saatchi HQ. Advising Derwent London on its lettings of 80 Charlotte Street with an annual rent of over £20 million
Other experience includes:
- Advising Nike on its move to its new HQ 60,000 sq. ft in the Argent development at King’s Cross
- Advising London & Regional Estates on refurbishment projects in its hotel portfolio, including the Strand Palace Hotel, Green Park Hotel and London Portman Hotel, among others
- Advising BioMed Realty L.P. on the acquisition of a multi-let science park with a value of £130 million and subsequently on the construction documents for the extensive development of the park as well as all of the pre-letting agreements
- Advising a data centre operator on the construction and lettings of its sites in England and Ireland
Mixed-use development and Sustainability is at the heart of Life Sciences Development
A Material Cost to the Progress of Life Sciences Projects?
Fiona Edmond quoted in Building Magazine on the potential legal impact to contractors
Fiona Edmond quoted in Building Magazine on the potential legal implications to contractors
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Derwent London on £158m building contract with Laing O’Rourke
Derwent London is a British-based property investment and development business.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Derwent on Francis House letting to Edelman
The firm advises long-standing client Derwent London plc on the letting of Francis House in London to global communications firm Edelman.
Fiona Edmond and Kerry Stares write for Estates Gazette on how sustainable building design is evolving to meet the demand for positive environmental and social impact
As a sector, real estate and construction is very much in the sustainability spotlight.
Fiona Edmond and Mark Smith write for Property Week on data centres as an infrastructure asset class
The complexity of operational issues is something those new to the sector may not anticipate and interest is likely to increase.
Infra.law - Spring 2021
Click here to read the latest edition of our construction and infrastructure publication, Infra.Law.
Keeping Up With Construction: Pre-procurement - Practical Pointers
Successful procurement is more than the choice of the construction contract.
Wooden towers – the rise of the “plyscraper”
COVID-19: Considerations for companies
An essential toolkit setting out key issues that companies and directors should consider during this uncertain time.
Datacentres and Hydrogen: A New Dawn
The New Normal: Responsible contracting in the COVID-19 era
How has COVID-19 impacted construction contracts?
COVID-19 – Suspending construction works, time and money
Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on construction contracts.
Fiona Edmond and Christopher Busaileh write for the Practical Law Construction Blog on the impact of Coronavirus on construction contracts
COVID-19: time and money under JCT
International Women’s Day 2020 – 8 Women for 8 March
International Women’s Day offers us a great opportunity to celebrate inspirational women and our female colleagues.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Derwent London plc on the sale of 40 Chancery Lane
Collateral Warranties or Third Party Rights?
This article talks about collateral warranties and their importance when working on construction projects.
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised Derwent London on all of the pre-lettings at the Brunel Building
The landmark Paddington development comprises 243,000 sq ft of office space spread over 16 storeys.