Emily also has experience advising on corporate transactions including share sales/purchases, asset transfers, service provision change and supporting the corporate team with due diligence and TUPE advice.
Emily has written articles for various employment law and HR publications and provided commentary for the mass media. She is also involved in pro bono schemes such an employment advice line.
Emily is a champion of EmployAbility (a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to assisting graduates with all disabilities into employment and graduate roles) and has sat as a panel member at a number of events. Within the firm Emily is an active voice on the Diversity Committee. In 2016 Emily was voted Young Surrey Businesswoman of the year by Surrey Chamber of Commerce and in 2017 Emily was appointed as the junior representative on the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA) Management Committee.
Emily is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising and negotiating settlement packages and severance terms for senior executives and directors
- Advising on TUPE and employee related matters for corporate acquisitions
- Acting for large plcs, defending unfair dismissal, discrimination and unlawful deductions of wages claims
- Advising and drafting employment contracts, consultancy agreements and company policies and procedures
- Advising both employers and employees on matters relating to employee restrictive covenants