Elora Mukherjee, Associate (Scotland)
Elora advises both individuals and corporates on all aspects of commercial dispute resolution.
SummaryElora advises both individuals and corporates on all aspects of commercial dispute resolution. She has acted in proceedings concerning claims for breaches of contract, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, and claims for the recovery of multimillion pound debts. She has expertise in both litigation, arbitration and all aspects of alternative dispute resolution (in particular the conduct of settlement negotiations). Elora's practice spans a diverse range of sectors, including corporate and regulatory matters, energy, telecommunications, EU procurement and banking/private wealth. Additionally, Elora has experience of advising on a range of competition issues, including merger control, anticompetitive agreements and abuse of dominance (for which she has been recommended in the Legal 500), as well as experience of regulatory and contractual work.
Elora has unique international experience and has extensive experience of acting-in house for clients on contentious matters. This has included substantial periods spent at a Middle Eastern telecommunications operator, at a Middle Eastern telecommunications regulator, and at a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund. Elora's clients are effusive in respect of her practical and strategic advice, but also her ability to integrate swiftly into the business and to nurture long term business relationships.
Prior to joining the firm, Elora spent six months on secondment to the UK Law Society’s Brussels office, where she focused on consumer and competition law issues. Elora speaks fluent French and Bengali.
Elora is admitted to practise in Scotland.
- Acting for clients in the Healthcare sector in relation to a dispute concerning corporate claims, directors duties and shareholder rights;
- Defending a multimillion pound claim against an aviation supply company;
- Pursuing a multimillion pound debt due to a property development business, including advising on joint venture issues
- Advising an ultra-high-net-worth individual in respect of a multimillion dollar dispute concerning the build of a luxury yacht
- Advising a construction firm in pre-action proceedings relating to the wrongful award of a public procurement contract, prior to successfully negotiating a favourable settlement
- Advising a Middle Eastern Telecommunications Regulator in a successful arbitration against the incumbent operator in the region, in respect of access to an international cable landing station
- Representing a telecoms operator as intervener before the Competition Appeal Tribunal, the Court of Appeal and at the Supreme Court in a case concerning appeals against Ofcom’s determinations on laddered pricing schemes for termination charges for certain classes of calls
- Providing advice to a sporting association in respect of its Salary Capping Regulations and in the run up to an arbitration against a member club, prior to settlement