Edward Robinson, Senior Associate
Edward has experience of a wide range of Corporate and Commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate finance.
AboutEdward has experience of a wide range of Corporate and Commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate finance. He has worked with clients from a variety of sectors, including real estate, technology and healthcare. Clients include listed plcs with international interests through to fast-growing owner-managed SMEs. Edward has a particular specialism of corporate transactions in sub-Saharan Africa, including recent deals in Nigeria, Ghana, Mozambique, Côte d’Ivoire and Zambia. Edward is a member of the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA).
Edward is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted for the sellers of a shopping mall complex in Nigeria
- Advising a Main List plc on its acquisition of companies in Malaysia and Italy, and drafting prospectuses for shareholder approval
- Restructuring a client’s airline business
- Setting up a joint venture structure for a client in the healthcare sector, including group structuring and shareholders agreement
- Assisting a newly incorporated company with initial fundraising rounds, investment agreements and employee share schemes
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Growthpoint Investec African Properties
This is part of GIAP’s strategy to aggregate a quality portfolio of commercial real estate assets across Africa.
Charles Russell Speechlys team advises client IFS on mplsystems acquisition
Charles Russell Speechlys team advises applications company on dual acquisition of IT solutions company and implementation specialist.