Edward has around 25 years’ experience in advising a broad range of clients on high value, complex litigation and arbitration, often with an international dimension. His background and approach to dispute resolution are grounded in his experience of advising some of the firm’s key clients, from private banks to global brands, giving his advice a strong commercial edge. His broader commercial contentious practice includes advising sports regulatory bodies, companies and private individuals on a wide range of commercial disputes, including professional negligence matters.
Recent cases have included defending a professional service advisor against allegations of negligence, representing a sports regulatory body in a complex, high value, international arbitration and conducting a complex asset tracing exercise to enforce USD multi-million judgments.
Edward is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting alongside other partners as External Administrator of an insolvent Middle Eastern bank in relation to alleged multi-billion dollar fraud
- Running a high value banking dispute involving a complex repurchase agreement for a financial product (CDO)
- Handling a dispute with HMRC and professional advisors in relation to the issue of advance payment notices relating to a film finance scheme
- Advising a private bank in relation to contentious matters
- Obtaining a high value award for an international sports regulatory body in the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Successfully defeating an Appeal in an anti-doping matter in the Court of Arbitration for Sport