Edidem Basiekanem, Associate
Edidem is a corporate lawyer and advises clients on all forms of private M&A and private equity transactions in developed and emerging markets, including Africa.
AboutEdidem specialises in corporate transactions such as private company mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, restructurings and private equity across a broad range of sectors, with particular emphasis on financial services (including FinTech), technology, media and telecommunication.
- Acted for Daystar Power Group and its founder, Sunray Ventures on a $10 million investment by Verod Capital and Persistent Energy
- Advised Civica Group, an investee company of Partners Group, on its bolt-on acquisition of Trac Systems, an e-recruitment software provider
- Acted for the Carlyle Group on its $147 million investment in Diamond Bank *
- Advised African Capital Alliance on its investment in Wakanow, an e-travel company *
- Acted for LeapFrog on a number of transactions in financial services and FinTech in West Africa *
- Advised a US private equity house on its $47.5 million investment in a premier African digital payments provider
- * Matters handled prior to joining Charles Russell Speechlys
News & Insights
AVCA Annual Conference 2019
We are attending the AVCA Annual Conference in Nairobi, 1 – 5 April.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Daystar Power Group and founder on $10 million equity stake by Verod Capital Management and Persistent Energy
Daystar Power Group is a pan-African electricity company specialising in the generation of solar energy.
Predator Oil & Gas Holdings Plc obtain oil exploration licence in Morocco
Predator Oil & Gas announce that their application for a licence for hydrocarbon exploration and appraisal in Morocco has been accepted
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Civica on acquisition of Trac Systems
The Corporate team has advised longstanding client, Civica Group, on its latest acquisition Trac Systems and its subsidiary Zedcore Systems.