Dharshi Wijetunga, Partner
Dharshi advises international families and trustees on cross border wealth planning structures.
Dharshi advises UHNW individuals and trustees across a broad range of legal issues including international trusts and taxation, wealth holding structures, family governance and asset protection. Having been previously based in Singapore, she has particular expertise in advising Asian families on wealth structuring and next generation transfers, especially in the context of business owning families. Her background combined with her experience in both Asia and Europe make her uniquely qualified to advise on a broad range of international private client matters.
Dharshi is admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand and is admitted to the roll of solicitors in the UK (non-practising).
- Succession and asset protection planning for an Indian client including the creation of multiple trust structures, advising on insurance based solutions and coordinating implementation of all structures.
- Advising a Chinese client in relation to a private trust company structure to hold his liquid wealth and real estate portfolio.
- Assisting a Chinese family with US connections in relation to their business and private wealth structuring (including private equity and real estate in the US).
- Establishing a private trust company structure to hold the European assets of a Latin American client.
- Advising various Swiss based trustees on the implications for them in relation to foreign law trusts (including NZ) administered in Switzerland and assisting on trust structure related issues.
Charles Russell Speechlys strengthens Swiss Private Client team with the hire of Dharshi Wijetunga as partner
Dharshi Wijetunga joins as a Partner in the Zurich office.