David Louis, Partner
David's practice covers all areas of investment management.
SummaryDavid is the head of the firm’s Luxembourg office. David is the head of the Investment Management and Funds group of the Luxembourg Office. David's practice covers all areas of investment funds (UCITS and AIF/M), including fund formation and investments and regulatory compliance. He specialises in alternative investment funds. He heads the firm's Luxembourg office.
David is an active member of the ALFI (Association Luxembourgeoise des Fonds d'Investissement) notably at the level of the AIFMD, Private Equity, Real Estate and Socially Responsible Investment committees. He is the co-chair of the equity crowd funding and peer to peer committee. He has over fifteen years of acute legal expertise in this field acquired in international law firms based in Luxembourg. David is a member of the Luxembourg Bar and co-chair of the American Bar Association Subcommittee on Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds. David is a regular speaker at international conferences and seminars. David speaks French, English and Spanish.
David is admitted to practise in Luxembourg.
- Acting in the structuring, set-up and legal/tax management on the private equity arm of an international investment bank
- Advising on the restructuring of Luxembourg game pertaining to a large private equity Nordic group
- Acting in the structuring, set-up and legal/tax management on the first RAIF platform
- Set-up of a real estate investment fund weighting more than one billion Euros for one of the leading French banks
- Assisting Dutch investment managers group
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys' Luxembourg team produce guide to Reserved Alternative Investment Funds
Charles Russell Speechlys Luxembourg provide the legal advice for first RAIF platform
Charles Russell Speechlys Luxembourg is pleased to announce that the first RAIF platform has been launched.
New proposal on EuVECA & EuSEF: finally the boost needed?
David Louis explores the implications of the European Commission's proposals on EuVECA and EuSEF