David Fyfield, Associate
David has wide ranging experience with regard to the creation, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights, in particular in relation to patents, trade marks, design rights and copyright.
SummaryDavid has wide ranging experience with regard to the creation, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights, in particular in relation to patents, trade marks, design rights and copyright. David has advised on cases before the UK's Intellectual Property & Enterprise Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
He has worked with clients in a wide range of business sectors including healthcare, food and drink retail, engineering, packaging and financial services
David is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising businesses in relation to the infringement and validity of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks, design rights and copyright
- Advising business in relation to the use and registration of trade marks
- Advised Mölnlycke Health Care AB, a world-leading provider of surgical and wound care products, in relation to a successful claim to invalidate a patent concerning negative-pressure wound therapy
- Advised Sealed Air Limited, a global manufacturer of protective and speciality packaging, in a successful claim for infringement of UK unregistered design rights
- Advised Pramet Tools S.R.O, part of the global Sandvik engineering group, in relation to a claim for patent infringement by Kennametal Inc; Kennametal's patent was held to be invalid and not infringed
A claim for “groundless threats"
Where threats are made in the UK to bring Intellectual Property infringement proceedings the UK courts can, and will, deal with them.