David Coates, Partner
David specialises in corporate finance advisory and transactional work for both public and private companies.
SummaryDavid specialises in corporate finance advisory and transactional work for both public and private companies. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate reorganisations. David also acts for a number of growth companies and angel investors.
David is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- The separation by Cable & Wireless plc of its Worldwide Group by a demerger to Cable & Wireless Worldwide plc (David spent 6 months on secondment at Cable & Wireless as part of the high profile demerger)
- Advising Caring Homes Healthcare Group on the £300m sale and leaseback of its elderly care portfolio to Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II Inc
- Advising Peppercoast Petroleum Plc on the sale of its 100% interest in the production sharing contract relating to a Liberian offshore oil field for US$85m
- Advising a consortium of high net worth individuals on the acquisition of a leading boutique hotel in Oxfordshire and a high street health food retailer
- Advising the shareholders of Vital Ingredient on the sale to LDC
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises INEOS on the acquisition of Belstaff
Belstaff was previously owned by JAB Holdings, a consumer goods group backed by Germany’s Reimann family.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Stonegate on the acquisition of Sports Bar & Grill
The Sports Bar & Grill chain spans 5 sites in London, located in Canary Wharf, Farringdon, Marylebone, Victoria and Waterloo.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Pelican Procurement Services Limited on the sale of the company
Charles Russell Speechlys advised the principal shareholders of Pelican Procurement Services Limited on the sale of the company.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders of Vital Ingredient on its sale to LDC
Charles Russell Speechlys advised shareholders Alex Heynes and Paul Oberschneider on the sale of Vital Ingredient.