David Coates, Partner
David specialises in corporate finance advisory and transactional work for both public and private companies.
SummaryDavid specialises in corporate finance advisory and transactional work for both public and private companies. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate reorganisations. David also acts for a number of growth companies and angel investors.
David is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Stonegate Pub Company on the acquisition of Sports Bar & Grill and Be At One
- Advising INEOS on the acquisition of Belstaff
- Advising Puma Investments on a range of VCT and EIS qualifying investments
- Advising the shareholders of Silver Cross on the sale to Fosun
- Advising the shareholders of Vital Ingredient on the sale to LDC
- Advising Caring Homes Healthcare Group on the £300m sale and leaseback of its elderly care portfolio to Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II Inc
- The separation by Cable & Wireless plc of its Worldwide Group by a demerger to Cable & Wireless Worldwide plc (David spent 6 months on secondment at Cable & Wireless as part of the high profile demerger)
News & Insights
Stonegate Pub Company's acquisition of Bar Fever Limited featured in The Lawyer and Pub & Bar Magazine
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Stonegate Pub Company on its acquisition of Bar Fever Limited and six sites from Novus Leisure
Stonegate Pub Company has acquired Bar Fever Limited, which operates 32 venues located in towns and cities throughout England.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders on sale of Microsoft’s leading Office 365 partner, Content and Code
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised the founders of Microsoft 2018 Worldwide Partner of the Year, Content and Code, on the sale of IT Lab.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Stonegate Pub Company on its high profile acquisition of national cocktail bar chain Be At One
Charles Russell Speechlys provided full diligence support across property, corporate, commercial and employment matters to Stonegate.