David Coates, Partner
David specialises in corporate finance advisory and transactional work for both public and private companies.
AboutDavid specialises in corporate finance advisory and transactional work for both public and private companies. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate reorganisations. David also acts for a number of growth companies and angel investors.
David is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Stonegate Pub Company on the acquisition of Sports Bar & Grill and Be At One
- Advising INEOS on the acquisition of Belstaff
- Advising Puma Investments on a range of VCT and EIS qualifying investments
- Advising the shareholders of Silver Cross on the sale to Fosun
- Advising the shareholders of Vital Ingredient on the sale to LDC
- Advising Caring Homes Healthcare Group on the £300m sale and leaseback of its elderly care portfolio to Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II Inc
- The separation by Cable & Wireless plc of its Worldwide Group by a demerger to Cable & Wireless Worldwide plc (David spent 6 months on secondment at Cable & Wireless as part of the high profile demerger)
COVID-19: Considerations for companies
An essential toolkit setting out key issues that companies and directors should consider during this uncertain time.
Charles Russell Speechlys releases H1 2020 deal highlights
Our highlights over the past 6 months are now available.
Government’s new "Bounce Back" Loan Scheme – will it bridge the diversity funding gap?
The Government announced a new measure to help small businesses “bounce back” from the Covid-19 crisis by accessing loans of up to £50,000.