Claire Timmings, Legal Director
Claire is a Real Estate transactions specialist who deals with significant and complex commercial property transactions.
Claire has acted for a wide range of clients including publicly quoted companies, household names, charities and high net worth individuals on all aspects of their commercial property requirements.
She has developed particular expertise in advising corporate occupiers in the retail and leisure sector (including acting for luxury brands and on insolvency related property portfolio disposals) and is on the Asset Management Committee of Revo. She also advises on complex head quarter relocations and lease regearings and development projects. Claire is a founding member and committee member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association.
Claire is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the administrators on the disposal of two leading retail administration portfolios involving more than 100 retail units including strategic advice on conversion to turnover rent on some of the units.
- Advising a leading children’s charity on all aspects of their retail property portfolio requirements for more than 100 shops.
- Advising one of the oldest landed estates in the country on the sale for redevelopment of land to accommodate more than 100 homes involving negotiating complex documents to deal with the deferred consideration agreed to facilitate funding of the development.
- Acting for a landowner on a complex offshore wind farm extension project requiring bespoke documentation to facilitate the creation of the onshore infrastructure to accommodate the extension and its connection to the National Grid.
- Providing strategic advice on complex overage and title issues relating to the sale of a prestigious private school to facilitate the sale and negotiating the bespoke documentation required to enable the events company (running weddings and providing filming locations) co-located on site but excluded from the sale to continue to operate on site following the sale outside of school hours.
Build Back Better? The Government continues to kick the commercial rent arrears can down the road
Property Patter: Navigating the complexities of Pharmacy Property
Pharmacy property is a specialist area which contains many traps for the unwary.
Code of Practice for Commercial Property Relationships during the COVID 19 Pandemic
The impact of COVID-19 has severely affected both landlords and tenants.
Claire Timmings and Dan Murphy write for Pharmacy Business on the tips and traps of planning law for pharmacists
Avoiding a No Deal scenario when selling your Pharmacy
Key areas from a property perspective that can hold up or prevent a pharmacy business sale.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises London Irish on stadium use deal with Brentford FC
We have advised longstanding client London Irish on their commercial agreement with Brentford Football Club.