Claire Greaney, Associate (New Zealand Qualified)
Claire is a commercial litigator with specialist expertise in media, privacy, reputation management and data protection disputes.
SummaryClaire is a commercial litigator with specialist expertise in media, privacy, reputation management and data protection disputes. She works for a full range of clients; from high profile individuals to multi-national organisations. Claire has significant experience in the resolution of disputes involving both personal and corporate reputation issues. She regularly advises on defamation disputes and cases concerning the protection of private or confidential information.
Claire is admitted to practise as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand.
- Acting for various celebrity claimants in relation to the on-going phone hacking litigation against News Group Newspapers and Mirror Group Newspapers (including recovering substantial damages for claimants)
- Advising individuals and corporates in removal of defamatory content from search engines and blogs
- Assisting businesses reacting to data breaches, whilst remaining GDPR compliant, and notifying the Information Commissioner Office
- Acting for television broadcasters and producers in defamation and privacy claims and providing pre-broadcast clearance
- Acting for various journalists and celebrities in defamation and privacy proceedings.
News & Insights
Claire Greaney quoted in BBC and ITV on successful phone hacking settlements
Phone hacking: Charles Russell Speechlys achieves settlement for celebrity clients from News Group Newspapers
The settlement of Privacy claims for unlawful voicemail interception on behalf of several celebrity clients.