Claire deals with all aspects of estate administration from gathering information and preparing estate tax returns through to negotiating and finalising the estate tax position with HMRC and preparing full estate accounts. Claire is also able to assist with onwards tax planning including Deeds of Variation and constituting Will Trusts, working alongside our wider tax and trust team.
Claire has previously trained and practised as a Private Client Solicitor at a Top 50 Law Firm and her background in estate planning gives her a detailed understanding of estate planning and wider tax implications.
- The administration of a complex estate involving foreign assets requiring grant of probate to re-sealed in foreign jurisdictions and specialist advice to be given to US based minor beneficiaries.
- Obtaining UK Grants of Probate for foreign deceased estates involving UK assets.
- Advising on estates involving intestacy, invalid Wills and estates with Wills in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising and claiming inheritance tax reliefs including agricultural property relief, business property relief, heritage assets and gifts out of surplus income.
- Providing advice and training on the application and implications of the residence nil rate band.