Having been based in the Middle East for approximately seven years, Chris practices in a range of dispute resolution fora, including arbitration, court proceedings, mediation and expert determination.
Chris’ experience is broad and varied, having acted for clients in matters ranging from mega construction projects (including procurement), oil and gas, financial disputes, intellectual property and data protection. Chris has a particular focus on dispute avoidance and early dispute resolution. Chris is particularly adept at assisting clients with strategic formulation for the resolution of disputes.
Chris is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a major hotel chain on recovery of losses arising from an unbalanced supply contract;
- Advising an oil and gas contracting company on claims issued by a Middle Eastern Government entity, and guiding it through the court process;
- Representing a major Qatari respondent subcontractor in a Doha-seated ICC arbitration relating to a major project in Lusail, Qatar.
- Acting on a major Doha-seated ICC arbitration for a claimant relating to the removal of gas facilities in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
- Advising a major Chinese manufacturer in a dispute in front of the Courts of Qatar regarding the supply of major structural elements of a stadium for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Acting as project counsel for a major contractor assisting with potential disputes relating to a further stadium for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Advising a major construction contractor on bringing a claim for QAR 1.1 Billion in the Qatar Trade and Investment Court.