Christina Fleming, Associate
Christina advises on technology and commercial contracts.
Christina is an associate in the firms’ Commercial Group. She specialises in commercial advice to clients in the technology, financial services, retail and sport sectors, with a particular focus on FinTech.
She has particular expertise in software development, supply and e-commerce arrangements, online platforms, SaaS agreements, complex outsourcing arrangements, intellectual property licensing and digital content, as well as associated issues such as data protection compliance and consumer law.
She has also been involved in assisting clients navigate the legal challenges of the adoption of disruptive digital technology including cloud computing, blockchain, use of customer data, agile software development and open source licensing. Christina also has in-house experience working on secondment at ITV.
- Advising a FTSE 100 wealth manager on a long term complex services agreement for the provision of client administration and dealing services for a new Alternative Investment Fund
- Advising a leading consumer lifestyle brand on procurement of a SaaS based omni-channel solution
- Advising Nike and Converse on a range of e-commerce, marketing and distribution arrangements, as well as on a number of consumer law and data protection issues
- Advising a European bank on its intragroup outsourcing arrangements
- Advising a large European retailer on negotiation of a merchant services agreement with a payment services provider
- Drafting a supply agreement for the provision of an online communications platform for a financial technology provider to institutional clients across a global corporate bond network
- Drafting terms and conditions for a digital asset exchange as well as advising on the legal issues around smart contracts and the use of blockchain technology
Breaking Banks: UK FinTech firms set out a blueprint for Open Finance that puts customers first
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Dalton Capital (Holdings) Limited on its sale to Polar Capital Holdings Plc
This acquisition has a strong strategic rationale for Polar Capital with its growth and diversification strategy.
Sunak sets out post-Brexit plan to extend the UK's leadership in financial technology
FCA clarification on application of EIOPA outsourcing guidelines to the cloud.
Asset managers are continuing their digital transformation projects to connect with clients online
Connect: Operational Resilience
Discussing the importance of Operational Resilience in light of Covid-19.
Future of FinTech: What impact has COVID-19 had on the world of FinTech?
Top FinTech predictions identified at the start of 2020 and how those are likely to change as a result of COVID-19
Big Tech in finance and Covid-19
Equitable duties of confidence and the Trade Secrets Directive – where are we now?
We take a step back and look at where the law around confidential information comes from.
Top 10 FinTech Predictions for 2020
Following increasing in regulation in the FinTech space we expect this to be a continuing trend for 2020.
Visa weaves into Open Banking with the acqusition fintech startup Plaid
European Data Protection Board Guidelines: Data Protection by Design and by Default
The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) has adopted new Guidelines.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Legend Club Management Systems on its sale to Transaction Services Group
Charles Russell Speechlys assisted Legend Club Management Systems on its sale to a portfolio company.
ICO updates guidance on timescales for responding to data subject access requests
The ICO updated its guidance on timescales for responding to a subject access request, as well as other individual rights requests.