Chris Putt, Partner
Chris is an experienced corporate finance lawyer working on domestic and international deals, and complex governance issues.
SummaryChris is an experienced corporate finance lawyer working on domestic and international deals, and complex governance issues. Chris's transactional work includes IPOs, M&A, refinancings and reconstructions, joint ventures and private equity investments. His advisory work centres on initiating and defending requisitions to remove directors and shareholder activism. His clients are mainly entrepreneurs and family offices who build businesses through capital transactions, including AIM and Standard list flotations, acquisitions, joint ventures and development capital transactions. He has particular experience in Europe. He is a fluent German speaker and qualified as a Rechtsanwalt in 1995. He is co-head of our Energy, Natural Resources & Cleantech Group, and jointly responsible for developing our business in Germany and for Growth Companies.
Chris is admitted to practise in England and Wales and is qualified to practise in Germany.
- Advised on the acquisition of one of the last operating Welsh open cast coalmines for a local family, including the related financing through HSBC
- Advised on the flotation of Cleeve Capital plc on the Standard segment of the LSE, and its subsequent reverse takeover of Satellite Solutions Worldwide Limited
- Acted on the £18.5m equity financing of a UK public company by a Swiss based family office, and its subsequent development of coal mining assets in Indonesia
- Advising Kreos Capital funds II to V; on its growth capital investments from time to time (mainly in the pharma, telecoms and internet enabled retail sectors), including restructurings and exits by way of sale or flotation
- Advised UK based property entrepreneurs on the purchase of a minority interest in a Luxembourg holding company for German property interests, and its subsequent refinancing