Chris Putt, Partner
Chris is an experienced corporate finance lawyer working on domestic and international deals, and complex governance issues.
SummaryChris is an experienced corporate finance lawyer working on domestic and international deals, and complex governance issues. Chris's transactional work includes IPOs, M&A, refinancings and reconstructions, joint ventures and private equity investments. His advisory work centres on initiating and defending requisitions to remove directors and shareholder activism. His clients are mainly entrepreneurs and family offices who build businesses through capital transactions, including AIM and Standard list flotations, acquisitions, joint ventures and development capital transactions. He has particular experience in Europe. He is a fluent German speaker and qualified as a Rechtsanwalt in 1995. He is Head of the Corporate Group.
Chris is admitted to practise in England and Wales and is qualified to practise in Germany.
- Advised Kreos Capital V fund on its term and mezzanine funding plus warrants to Euronext Listed Pharming Group BV as part of its €60m acquisition of US distribution rights from Valeant Corp
- Advised a Swiss pension fund on its £30m acquisition of 3 UK solar farms, from Renesola including EPC and O&M arrangements
- Acted on the £18.5m equity financing of a UK public company by a Swiss based family office, and its subsequent development funding up to £40m and of its coal mining assets in Indonesia
- Advised a Luxembourg family office on a €17.5m sale of a manufacturer of communications system for alarm systems to Adsecure of Sweden
- Advised UK based property entrepreneurs on the purchase of a minority interest in a Luxembourg holding company for the property operated by Soho House in Berlin, and its subsequent €42m refinancing