Chris Putt, Partner
Chris is an experienced corporate finance lawyer working on domestic and international deals, and complex governance issues.
SummaryChris is an experienced corporate finance lawyer working on domestic and international deals, and complex governance issues. Chris's transactional work includes IPOs, M&A, refinancings and reconstructions, joint ventures and private equity investments. His advisory work centres on initiating and defending requisitions to remove directors and shareholder activism. His clients are mainly entrepreneurs and family offices who build businesses through capital transactions, including AIM and Standard list flotations, acquisitions, joint ventures and development capital transactions. He has particular experience in Europe. He is a fluent German speaker and qualified as a Rechtsanwalt in 1995. He is co-head of the Corporate Group and head of the Business Services Division.
Chris is admitted to practise in England and Wales and is qualified to practise in Germany.
- Advised Kreos Capital V fund on its term and mezzanine funding plus warrants to Euronext Listed Pharming Group BV as part of its €60m acquisition of US distribution rights from Valeant Corp
- Advised a Swiss pension fund on its £30m acquisition of 3 UK solar farms, from Renesola including EPC and O&M arrangements
- Acted on the £18.5m equity financing of a UK public company by a Swiss based family office, and its subsequent development funding up to £40m and of its coal mining assets in Indonesia
- Advised a Luxembourg family office on a €17.5m sale of a manufacturer of communications system for alarm systems to Adsecure of Sweden
- Advised UK based property entrepreneurs on the purchase of a minority interest in a Luxembourg holding company for the property operated by Soho House in Berlin, and its subsequent €42m refinancing
- Advised Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals plc on its reverse takeover of Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals LLC fundraising and relisting on the standard segment of the London Stock Exchange. Hemogenyx is an early stage life sciences company
- Advised one of the founders of the FCBI group of companies on its £52m sale of Lloyds Development Capital
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys releases H2 2018 deal highlights
Our deal highlights over the past 6 months are now available.
Kiadis Pharma secures €20 million debt financing facility from Kreos Capital
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital V Ltd on additional growth capital investment of €20 million in Kiadis Pharma NV
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital on €20 million growth capital facility in Medtech company
Charles Russell Speechlys have advised Kreos Capital on its additional growth capital facility of €20 million in Cellnovo Limited
Charles Russell Speechlys joins ELITE partner programme to help ambitious UK businesses succeed
ELITE is London Stock Exchange Group’s international business support and capital raising programme for private growth companies.