Chi is experienced in recommending, drafting and negotiating appropriate forms of building contract (both standard form and bespoke) for specific projects, and drafting and commenting upon development agreements, consultants’ appointments and collateral warranties.
Chi also works alongside the firm's Real Estate and Financial Services teams advising on the construction aspects of property transactions, including conducting due diligence checks on development finance documentation, and coordinating specialist construction law input on property development project documentation.
Chi is a member of the Society for Construction Law and sits on the committee for Constructing Excellence Surrey Club.
Chi is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a national developer in connection with the development of student accommodation in Birmingham.
- Advising a developer in connection with the development of a datacentre in Birmingham.
- Advising a care home provider in relation to the acquisition of a care home development portfolio consisting of 4 new build care homes.
- Advising on the redevelopment of a major UK science facility.
- Acting for residential developers and high-net worth individuals in relation to prime residential developments in central London and South East England.