Charlotte specialises in commercial litigation and has experience advising both individual and corporate clients (primarily in the retail, telecoms and food and beverage sectors) on a broad range of commercial disputes, including disputes arising out of commercial agreements and shareholder disputes. Charlotte’s work involves High Court and County Court litigation but she also has experience of resolving disputes through mediation and other alternative means of resolution.
Charlotte is also a member of the firm’s regulatory crime team. She advises clients in relation to investigations and prosecutions brought by regulators such as the Health and Safety Executive, Trading Standards and Local Authorities (including inquest work when fatal accidents occur). Charlotte also has specialist experience advising clients on allergens, food labelling and food safety laws.
Charlotte is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Acting for an award winning digital agency in defending breach of contract claims relating to the design and build of a website.
- Acting for a recipe box delivery company on breach of contract claims against a supplier in respect of late deliveries, shortages and unsatisfactory quality goods.
- Acting for a group of minority shareholders in a complex shareholder dispute involving a luxury bag company.
- Acting for national retailer prosecuted by a Local Authority for a number of health and safety offences and for a primary school investigated for food safety offences.
- Acting for the Director of a business subject to contempt of court proceedings brought by Trading Standards.
- Advising several restaurant chains on their food safety and allergen policies and protocols. Also acting for a drinks manufacturer on product liability claims against a bottling company.