Charlie Ring, Senior Associate
Charlie specialises in corporate finance and transactional work.
SummaryCharlie is a corporate lawyer and advises on a broad range of corporate finance and transactional work. His particular experience includes private acquisitions and disposals, corporate reorganisations, shareholder agreements and investments and joint ventures. He in particular acts for a number of business owners, private wealth individuals, family businesses and entrepreneurs.
Charlie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised Caring Homes Group on its corporate restructuring for the disposal and lease back of 44 freehold elderly care properties (for a total consideration of £298.5 million) to Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II
- Advised thinkFolio Limited, a leading London-based provider of portfolio modelling and order management software, and on its acquisition by Markit Group, an international information services company
- Advised Chantrey Vellacott, the UK’s 21st largest accountancy firm, on its merger with Moore Stephens LLP, the UK’s 10th largest accountancy firm
- Advised Clive Christian, OBE on his sale of a majority stake in the Clive Christian Group, known for producing the world’s most expensive perfume and luxury furnishings and interiors, to EME Capital LLP and a consortium made up of its co-investors, which include Sir Brian Souter, Ann Gloag and Jon Moulton
- Advising Paperhat Group on its acquisitions of various IT / Tech companies, including Nirvana Consulting, CTI Digital, Despark and Grebot Donnelly
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders on sale of Microsoft’s leading Office 365 partner, Content and Code
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised the founders of Microsoft 2018 Worldwide Partner of the Year, Content and Code, on the sale of IT Lab.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary Shaw Industries on acquisition of STS
Shaw is the largest carpet tile manufacturer in North America, with annual revenues of almost $6billion.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the merger of Paperhat Communications and Nirvana CPH
By welcoming Nirvana CPH into the fold, Paperhat Group has expanded its marketing proposition globally.