Charlie is a corporate lawyer advising on a range of corporate finance, advisory and transactional work within the financial services sector.
In particular, he acts for a number of owner managed businesses, private individuals and financial services businesses.
Charlie helps deliver the firm’s corporate work within the financial services sector and has provided transactional and constitutional and governance advice for various investment and wealth managers,
Charlie’s recent highlights within the financial services sector include providing both advisory and transactional advice to Waverton Investment Management, London and Capital, Dalton Strategic Partnership, Grant Thornton UK LLP and Kestrel Partners.
Charlie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising London & Capital on the sale of a majority stake in London & Capital to US-based private equity firm Lovell Minnick Partners.
- Advising the shareholders of Gore Browne Investment Management (GBIM) on its merger with Hawksmoor Investment Management Ltd, which is part of the Hurst Point Group (HPG).
- Advising Waverton Investment Management Group on its acquisition of Cornerstone Asset Management LLP.
- Advising management on the sale of Sepura, a leading provider of digital radio systems for world-class mission-critical communications, to London-based private equity group, Epiris.
- Advised Grant Thornton on the sale of their wealth advisory business to 1825, Standard Life’s wholly owned financial planning and advice business.