Cara Fulker, Associate
Cara works with a range of clients that include private banks, banks, non-bank lenders and borrowers.
Cara works with a range of clients that include private banks, banks, non-bank lenders and borrowers. She advises on a variety of domestic and cross-border banking and finance transactions, including acquisition and leveraged finance, receivables financing, asset-based lending and debt restructuring. Cara has particular experience in real estate investment and development finance across a number of asset classes such as residential development, student accommodation, offices, leisure and healthcare.
Cara is admitted to practise in England & Wales.
- acting for a specialist development lender on a £48m facility to a Jersey unit trust to finance the development of a retirement living complex in Surrey, England
- acting for a leading UK property investment and development lender on a £36m senior secured loan to fund the development of a 502 unit purpose-built student accommodation scheme in Coventry , England
- advising a nursing care home operator on a re-financing with alternative investment manager Cheyne Capital, which included an additional £51m development facility to fund a pipeline of seven new-build assets nationwide
- acting for a syndicate of Egyptian Banks on the refinancing of a margin loan to a leading investor in growth markets across Africa, Asia and Latin America
- advising a managed services provider on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity LLP, to finance and support the company’s next phase of growth
- acting for a boutique investment firm on the £16m refinancing of a brown field site comprising 365 acres in Somerset, to be developed into an energy park
- acting for a real estate private equity investment manager on the EUR 12.6m development financing of a mixed-use office and industrial site in West Germany
- advising on investment, development and trading loans for the expansion of a boutique central London hotel
- advising on acquisition financing for the consolidation and expansion through acquisition of a series of UK dental practices
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the sale of No.1 Lounges Ltd to SwissportALD
SwissportALD will run nine No.1 Lounge properties at the UK’s London Heathrow, London Gatwick, and Birmingham airports.
Housing-with-care considered in first ever parliamentary debate
The first ever formal parliamentary debate into housing-with-care focussed on the effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on retirement communities
Later Living: The rise of retirement villages
As the over 65 years population continues to rise and retirement living grows, what does this mean for lenders?
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Silbury Finance on a £47m facility to a joint venture between Octopus Real Estate, Schroders Real Estate and Audley
The joint venture will finance the development of a 74 unit retirement living village in Cobham, Surrey.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Acora on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity
Charles Russell Speechlys advised industry leading IT service provider, Acora, on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity LLP.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Country Court Care on acquisition of three care homes
Country Court Care has undergone rapid expansion over the last nine years.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on Key Travel bolt-on
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised Key Travel on the acquisition of international travel management company Raptim.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Country Court Care on refinancing
Country Court’s portfolio currently comprises 30 freehold care homes, with seven opened over the past two years.