Bethan advises on corporate and personal restructuring and insolvency matters.
Bethan has experience acting for a wide range of stakeholders including insolvency practitioners, corporate entities, individuals and other key parties in both contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency mandates (including several with complex cross-border elements).
• advising insolvency practitioners all aspects of an administration including defending an application for an order removing them from their office as administrators and for the relief and the sale of certain assets.
• advising a global multi-metals smelting and mining business, on the restructuring of its €2.6 billion indebtedness and the recapitalisation of its operating group.
• advising the trustees in bankruptcy in relation to various claims including transactions at an undervalue.
• advising insolvency practitioners on the sales of various business and hotels in administration.
• advising a global oil and gas well flow management group, regarding its pre-packaged US Chapter 11 plan of reorganisation, a US $1.4 debt-for-equity swap and US $200m rights offer.