Ben Ward, Senior Associate
Ben has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate, specialising in complex acquisitions and disposals and high value HQ lettings for corporate occupiers.
Ben has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate. He specialises in acquisitions and disposals of a wide range of asset classes including multi-let offices, industrial estates, retail premises, sports grounds, restaurants and hotels. He frequently advises high profile clients on their HQ requirements in London. Ben also advises on the real estate aspects of corporate and banking transactions.
Ben acts for a broad range of clients including institutional investors, corporate occupiers, retailers, sports clubs, family offices, high net worth individuals and overseas investors.
Ben is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acts for pension funds (including Sun Life and General Motors) on acquisitions, disposals, lettings and management of high value retail and office premises.
- Acted on numerous high profile HQ moves for corporate occupiers including Nike’s move to Kings Cross Central, Montague Evans’ move to St Mary’s Axe in the City, Roxor Gaming’s move to Golden Square in Soho, the disposal of Rathbone’s office premises at Curzon Street in Mayfair to Houlihan Lokey and the disposal of IQVIA’s office premises in Reading to Virgin Media.
- Advised on real estate aspects of numerous transactions with football clubs including the acquisition of Everton FC, the sale of Bolton Wonderers FC, the acquisition and development of a training complex for Leicester City FC and the megastore lease for Nike at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge stadium.
- Acts for Nike on all aspects of its occupation of retail premises in the UK (including Nike Town London).
- Acts for health care providers, including Country Court Care Homes and Parkway, on financing, acquiring and developing care homes often acting on large portfolio acquisitions.