Ben Rees, Associate
Ben is a commercial litigator with a particular focus on the sports sector.
SummaryBen has a particular focus on the sports sector, working closely with sports governing bodies, teams, broadcasters and other commercial parties in High Court litigation, arbitral proceedings, disciplinary cases and regulatory matters.
Ben’s recent experience includes acting for The Football Association (FA) in arbitration and disciplinary proceedings, for the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) in High Court proceedings and for the tennis governing bodies (the ITF, ATP, WTA and Grand Slams) in relation to an independent review of integrity in tennis. He also has considerable experience in advising on regulatory matters, including for The FA, WRU and Premiership Rugby. Ben has spent time on secondment with both The FA and Nike.
Ben is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the WRU in respect of expedited High Court proceedings
- Acting for The FA in respect of arbitration, disciplinary, safeguarding, court and other proceedings (such as the Hillsborough Inquests)
- Acting for the Greyhound Board of Great Britain in respect of disciplinary matters
- Acting in relation to an independent review of integrity in tennis commissioned by the tennis governing bodies (the ITF, ATP, WTA and Grand Slams)
- Advising Nike in respect of a range of contentious matters