Ben advises a broad range of individual and corporate clients in relation to a wide range of commercial disputes.
Ben has experience of the following:
- Disputes involving breach of contract, misrepresentation, breach of warranty, directors’ and officers’ duties, product recall, professional negligence and all aspects of debt recovery and enforcement.
- Advising on insurance coverage disputes
- Advising a bank in defending claims by a customer relating to the repossession and sale of secured assets resulting in a favourable settlement for his client.
- Acted on a breach of contract, breach of trust and fraudulent concealment claim issued for in excess of £6 million.
- Advising a bank on the enforcement of a loan facility and charge against a property involving cross-jurisdictional issues resulting in successful enforcement and recovery by the institution.
Ben’s clients operate across a range of sectors including banking, retail, technology and food services.
Ben is described as “a very good lawyer and perceptive when formulating strategy” in Legal 500.
- Acting for a large fund in relation to a dispute in connection with breaches of confidentiality and purported transfers in which the claimant sought declaratory relief, injunctions and damages
- Advising a PLC in relation to a potential breach of financial and export sanctions following trade with a company based in Iran
- Advising a Defendant in relation to a claim for an alleged breach of Personal Guarantee pursuant to a loan Agreement executed in Russia
- Advising a Norwegian client regarding the Commercial Agents Regulations, specifically in relation to compensation on termination of a UK based agency agreement