Becky Lawton, Senior Associate
Becky advises on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious.
AboutBecky advises on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious. On the contentious side, Becky has expertise in dealing with a broad range of employment tribunal claims, including unfair dismissal, discrimination, part-time working and unlawful deductions of wages. Her non-contentious experience includes drafting and advising on a wide range of employment and consultancy arrangements, company policies and procedures. She also regularly advises on settlement negotiations and severance terms. Becky has a particular interest in employment status issues and post-termination disputes with former senior executives.
Becky advises on the employment aspects of corporate acquisitions and also has detailed knowledge of regulatory issues affecting clients in the Financial Services and Healthcare sectors.
Becky regularly publishes articles on all aspects of employment law, has edited Tolley Guidance on employment law, speaks at seminars and provides bespoke client training. Internally, Becky is a member of the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, Staff Liaison Group and Gender Sub-Committee. She is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Becky is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a FTSE 250 company with a workforce of over 20,000 on an ongoing basis in respect of day-to-day management, specific projects and tribunal and county court litigation
- Advised TCC Global, a leading global retail marketing company, on its acquisition of online retailing specialist, Summit Media Limited
- Advised a subsidiary of a global recruitment company in respect of interim injunction proceedings against former employees regarding breach of post-termination restrictions
- Successfully defended a tribunal test case for a national transport company in which a self-employed individual alleged that they were a worker/employee. The outcome of this case impacted around 800 other individuals within the business
- Advised Matthew Pullen in relation to the termination of his employment by CBRE in 2014
News & Insights
Becky Lawton writes for Pharmacy Business on the implications of IR35 rules for pharmacy owners
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the investment into TrustedHousesitters by Rockpool
Charles Russell Speechlys advise TrustedHousesitters on significant investment into the company by private equity firm Rockpool Investments