Andy Williams, Legal Director
Andy has a diverse practice, advising on all aspects of employment law and also a variety of pension matters.
Andy advises on all aspects of employment law, with particular expertise in advising companies on large scale workforce issues such as changing the terms of their pension arrangements for staff, reorganisations, changes to terms and conditions and TUPE transfers/outsourcing arrangements. He also has substantial experience of Tribunal work and negotiating severance packages with (and for) senior executives, as well as dealing with other contentious issues such as breach of confidentiality, team moves and post-termination restrictions.
In addition, Andy regularly advises on the employment and pensions aspects of corporate transactions, such as sales and purchases of businesses, group restructuring exercises and funding investment projects. He also presents seminars and delivers tailored training sessions to clients, as well as writing for a variety of publications.
Andy is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Leading a significant test case up to and through the Supreme Court on the application of discrimination laws to volunteers, achieving conclusive clarity on a legal point that affected an estimated 500 million individuals across the EU
- Leading a significant restructuring programme for a UK Plc and its various group companies situated throughout the EU, dealing with redundancies, salary and bonus reductions and works council issues in numerous jurisdictions
- Successfully defending a high profile case of race discrimination against a major not-for-profit organisation, including dealing with the significant amount of press interest that was generated during the lengthy hearing and afterwards
- Providing key support over many years to an in-house legal team of a major financial administration provider on numerous outsourcing transactions, dealing with many household names in the UK's financial industry
- Successfully defending a major global telecommunications provider in relation to a significant claim made by a former employee, involving previously untested points of law regarding TUPE
Charles Russell Speechlys advises I.T. Lab Limited on the acquisition of Sol-Tec Ltd
Charles Russell Speechlys advised I.T. Lab Limited on the acquisition of Sol-Tec Ltd which is part of IT Lab’s “buy and build” strategy.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Acora on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity
Charles Russell Speechlys advised industry leading IT service provider, Acora, on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity LLP.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders of MMRIT on the sale to TiG Data Intelligence
Charles Russell Speechlys advised a professional IT services provider, MMIRIT on the sale of the company to TIGL Holdings Limited.
Andy Williams and Amelia Goodwin write for Charity Finance on gender pay gap reporting for charities
Charles Russell Speechlys advises IN’n’OUT Autocentres on the purchase of Concorde Tyre & Exhaust Centres Ltd
Concorde Tyre & Exhaust Centres Ltd are one of the UK’s largest independent tyre, exhaust, repair and MOT service centres.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises discoverIE Group plc on Dutch manufacturer Santon Group
Santon is a Dutch based designer and manufacturer of custom switches for electronic applications.
Is the segregation of boys and girls in a mixed sex school discriminatory?
Recently, the High Court decided that a faith school’s segregation of girls and boys does not amount to less favourable treatment
Employing someone in your own home? Here’s what you need to know
Are you a “Mumanager”?