Andrew Sweetman, Associate
Andrew acts for individuals and businesses facing regulatory, fitness to practise and criminal investigations in the healthcare and construction sectors.
SummaryAndrew advises on a variety of legal issues relating to the healthcare sector and also acts for individuals and businesses facing regulatory, fitness to practise and occasionally criminal investigations. Typical work includes representing professionals in fitness to practice cases and disputes with NHS England, advising pharmacy owners on complex NHS regulations and advising on applications relating to market entry, including appeals. Andrew has successfully represented numerous healthcare professionals in disputes with regulators and NHS England. He also advises on a range of legal issues affecting the sector, including data protection, fraud and judicial review proceedings.
Andrew is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted for clients alleged to have defrauded the NHS before the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Advised on complex legislation concerning ownership of NHS contracts
- Acted for a construction company in criminal proceedings brought by the Health and Safety Executive
- Advised on data protection laws in relation to the transfer of partly anonymised patient data
- Advised on judicial review proceedings and drafted related pre-action correspondence relating to a public body failing to comply with its own procedures
Knowledge of English
What is the state of the law on a pharmacist's knowledge of English?