Alice Martin, Senior Associate
Alice advises a broad range of UK clients and trustees on UK Wills, tax, trust and estate planning.
AboutAlice advises a broad range of UK clients and trustees on UK Wills, tax, trust and estate planning. Alice is experienced in drafting Wills, trusts and lasting powers of attorney, as well as advising on the related tax and other planning opportunities. She has particular experience of tax planning with property, including the family home and second/holiday properties.
Alice advises both on lifetime gifts and strategies that can be implemented after death.
Alice was ranked by a Private Client Practitioner as one of the top 35 under 35 advisers to private individuals for 2013. Alice is currently on secondment to our Zurich office, where she is advising international clients on a wide range of matters regarding personal estate planning.
Alice is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising UK clients with assets in Switzerland on estate planning, including complexities brought into play with second marriages
- Advising Swiss clients on the UK ‘statutory residence test’ where part-time employment is undertaken in the UK
- Assisting with re-structuring complex international family arrangements
- Advising Swiss based trustees on their position when asked to retire by the trust’s Protector, but with legitimate concerns that the needs of a vulnerable beneficiary may be overlooked
- Assisting in negotiations with HMRC on how a Lichtenstein Foundation should treated for UK tax purposes