Alexander Caton, Senior Associate
Alex advises on all aspects of Private Client work, including tax, estate planning, Powers of Attorney and Wills.
AboutAlex advises on all aspects of Private Client work, including tax, estate planning, Powers of Attorney and Wills. He also advises clients and trustees in relation to the establishment, operation and taxation of trusts. His particular specialism is in advising landed estates, their owners and / or trustees, and landowning and agricultural clients generally. Alex is a qualified Trusts and Estates Practitioner (TEP) and a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association.
Alexander is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a large consortium of Oxfordshire landowners in relation to a land pooling trust with a view to the eventual development of the site
- Advising the trustees of a Gloucestershire landed estate in the implementation of a "Balfour" holding and trading structure for the estate
- Advising the trustees of a Gloucestershire landed estate in relation to a Heritage Maintenance Fund for the estate and other, associated, heritage tax reliefs
- Advising the trustees of an estate of the multi-million pound sale of the estate, the division of the proceeds between the beneficiaries, and the minimising of tax liabilities resulting
- Advising landowners generally in relation to their tax and estate planning needs, in particular in relation to the use of partnerships