Alan Julyan, Consultant
Alan advises on all aspects of employment and labour law for domestic and international clients.
SummaryAlan advises on all aspects of employment matters and labour law for domestic and international clients. His key area of specialisation is advising on issues relating to the recruitment, retention and termination of senior executives. This includes advising on garden leave and restrictive covenants and the movement of key employees. Increasingly, this advice embraces LLP disputes as the LLP structure has become popular as the structure of choice for many financial services businesses. Alan also has experience of advising clients on the introduction and development of bonus and incentive schemes, and has wide experience of the measures used to incentivise executives. Alan is a qualified CEDR mediator and has experience in using mediation to find commercial solutions for disputes.
Alan is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised plc clients on the terms severance agreements to be offered and leading the negotiations to secure severance terms in line with good corporate governance
- Advised a client on the implications of retaining a default retirement age and how the client should manage succession and performance issues
- Advised senior executives on the incentive terms proposed to compensate them for the loss of deferred benefits from prior employment on their recruitment in line with FCA regulations.
- Advised clients on how to manage issues arising from employee long term absence due to poor mental health and linked claims under permanent health policies
- Advised client on how to protect its business from unfair competition and how to control the use of social media accounts to prevent employees using these to undermine the restrictive covenants in the contracts of employment