Adele Pearce, Associate
Adele advises UK and international trustees and individuals (non-UK and UK domiciled) on tax, trust and estate planning matters.
Adele has experience advising both UK and international individuals, trustees and professionals on a wide range of UK taxation and private client matters. Adele speaks Spanish and Italian having lived and worked in Spain and Italy and has a particular private client focus on clients with connections or interests in these countries.
From an international perspective, Adele has advised clients largely from Europe, Russia and the Middle East on a range of private client matters including the application of the statutory residence test, domicile opinions and statements, the operation of the remittance basis and the taxation of offshore trusts and their beneficiaries. Adele also advises on UK property holding structures and implementation of any recommended restructuring or pre purchase structuring as well as cross-border succession planning taking into account local laws and where applicable the EU Succession Regulation.
From a UK based client perspective, Adele assists with a wide range of matters including advising on the settlement of assets into trust and resulting tax implications, Inheritance Tax and succession and cross-border Will planning.
- Pre UK residence tax planning report for a non UK domiciled Belgian couple advising on the statutory residence test and split year treatment including resulting UK tax implications of becoming UK resident, domicile status and impact of moving to the UK. This involved considering double taxation implications and relevant double tax treaties.
- Advising on distributions from an offshore trust to UK resident beneficiaries, the matching basis of taxation for income and gains and mitigation of taxation where possible.
- Advising a Middle Eastern family on UK residential and commercial property ownership structures and assisting with the implementation of restructuring of existing structures.
- Advising on cross border succession and Will planning for a client with assets situated globally including Canada, Belgium and the UK.
- Assisting with the drafting of Shariah compliant Wills for a large Middle Eastern family.
- Dealing with a disclosure for a UK resident beneficiary using the Worldwide Disclosure Facility to report undeclared income and capital gains tax liabilities resulting from offshore trust distributions.
- Dealing with a range of HMRC enquiries concerning SDLT reporting, ATED returns and Entrepreneur’s Relief.