With one of the largest and fastest growing economies in the world, India is an exciting place for global business and entrepreneurs.
India is a priority for the UK post-Brexit with high-level commitment on both sides to make the most of opportunities and historic ties.
Our India team provides the personal touch that comes from a deep understanding and extensive experience advising clients with interests in the Indian market.
Headed by Rupa Lakha, our team includes lawyers in our London and Dubai offices, many of whom have either lived and worked in India or maintain close ties. They know the issues that arise from UK – India personal and business connections, and will use this experience and understanding to guide you.
Whether you’re a British Asian entrepreneur with complex UK and cross-border issues, an Indian businesses with global interests or an international corporate operating in India, we will work alongside you to understand your needs.
We have strong relationships with some of India’s leading law firms and other professional advisers to provide ‘on the ground’ advice if you require local support. We regularly partner with them on events and insights to ensure our clients are up-to-date on the issues that affect them.
We can advise you on the full range of personal and business issues. This expert advice is backed by a deep understand of the sectors our clients operate in, including Retail and Leisure, Real Estate, Construction, Sport, Healthcare, TMT, Financial Services and Energy & Natural Resources.
- Advising an Indian contractor on a construction dispute before the Court of Appeal in Paris.
- Advised Fudco, a family-owned business selling South Asian ethnic foods in UK and Europe, on its sale to Vibrant Foods, a portfolio company of global private equity house Exponent.
- Advising TDR Capital LLP and the Issa brothers on the real estate aspects of ASDA acquisition.
- Advising the Bhatia family and other minority shareholders on the sale of their creatively led children’s book publishing business Little Tiger Group to Penguin Random House
- Advising the shareholders and management on the sale of a major Indian food manufacturer and family business to a European group
- Acting for an Indian HNWI on his UK property interests, which includes the structuring of a property asset to be split between a hotel and PRS scheme (including both property and construction advice), a corporate demerger and tax advice.
Meet the team
International Arbitration in India and Around the World
Rupa Lakha joined the panel discussing the latest developments in construction and dispute resolution.
LIDW21: A view from London and India
Watch the discussion on the challenges of the possible rise in disputes in the construction and infrastructure sector in India.
Construction Post Pandemic: 'Great Expectations' or 'Bleak House'?
Watch the discussion on construction post pandemic for the UK and internationally.
Rupa Lakha quoted by Legal Week on the liberalisation of the Indian legal market
The proposed trade deal could be “the proper catalyst for liberalisation”.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Fudco Partnership on sale to Exponent-backed Vibrant Foods
Fudco is a family-owned business selling South Asian ethnic foods in UK and Europe.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises TDR Capital LLP and the Issa brothers on the real estate aspects of ASDA acquisition
TDR Capital LLP and the Issa brothers have completed their acquisition of a majority stake in ASDA from Walmart.
The challenges of COVID-19 - A compare and contrast between India and the UK
An in-depth discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on the legal sector in the UK and India as well as the Indian economy.
International Women’s Day 2020 – 8 Women for 8 March
International Women’s Day offers us a great opportunity to celebrate inspirational women and our female colleagues.
Rupa Lakha and Ruby Dalal featured in Asian Wealth Magazine on the firm's India Desk
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Cake Box Holdings plc on its admission to AIM
Cake Box Ltd is an East London established egg-free fresh cakes retailer.