Corporate in Paris
Our Corporate team can offer you a comprehensive range of legal services. We worth with both public and privately owned companies, entrepreneurs and family groups, as well as their shareholders, executives and management teams.
Our advice in M&A and private equity covers the full scope of corporate activities, from structuring, growth capital and acquisitions to reorganisations and sales.
Our team's M&A work encompasses French and cross-border acquisitions and divestments, complex reorganisations and restructurings, corporate rescues and distressed transactions.
Our highly experienced Private Equity team has an in-depth knowledge of advising on legal, tax and financing aspects of private equity transactions including MBOs, MBIs, secondary buy-outs and exits. Their experience includes advising French and international investment funds on the acquisition and disposal of their investments as well as management teams, on both legal and tax aspects, in such transactions.
Other areas on which we advise include:
- corporate governance, commercial contracts
- legal, tax structuring and due diligence advice in relation to the acquisition of companies and assets (including real estate)
- contentious issues arising out of commercial contracts, licensing agreements, competition issues, and
- the establishment and tax structuring of entities including private equity, venture capital and real estate funds.
For more information, please contact Thibaut Caharel.
Employment in Paris
Our Employment team can advise you on formulating your business strategy as well as at each step of its implementation.
Our priority is to respond to your requirements at the same time as maintaining the highest degree of legal certainty.
Our team becomes involved mainly in one-off operations that involve structural problems, in particular in situations that are stressed or conflictual, working both with French and international companies.
We also work alongside our Corporate and M&A teams in the context of sales, mergers and acquisitions and outsourcing.
We advise clients on the following issues:
- business reorganisations and collective redundancy exercises undertaken for economic reasons
- collective bargaining and employee relationship management
- salary based saving schemes
- individual employment relationships
- individual and collective employment disputes
- IT charters and whistleblowing systems, and
- delegation of powers.
For more information, please contact Kim Campion.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Paris
Disputes have the potential to damage businesses, reputations and relationships, so we take a pragmatic approach to handling them for you.
Whether you are a corporate or a private client, we can advise and represent you in a wide range of disputes and regulatory issues.
We advise and represent French and foreign clients before French courts, and in internal and international arbitration. We also regularly advise on pre-litigation or settlement negotiations, preferring ADR to keep disputes out of formal proceedings wherever possible.
In the corporate arena, we regularly advise on commercial disputes arising out of corporate contracts or transactions including acquisitions, investments and re-organisations, shareholder arrangements, directors' duties and corporate finance transactions.
For more information, please contact Frédéric Jeannin.
Private Wealth in Paris
As preferred advisers to private investors and to players in the world of management of fortunes, we are in a unique position.
Present in the four major European investment and wealth management marketplaces – London, Luxembourg, Paris and Switzerland – as well as in the Middle East, we are one of the few firms able to provide comprehensive advice in the management of private wealth.
From our Paris offices, we can work with you on the legal and tax aspects of your cross-border transactions or your investments into France.
According to the Chambers Global 2013 Guide, the international private client services our firm provides rank among the top ten in the world. We advise clients whose interests span multiple jurisdictions, in particular Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, South America, India and Asia.
In Paris, the Private Wealth team is led by two highly experienced and renowned partners. Under their leadership, the team is able to provide you with an integral service, to help them manage the complex and constantly changing tax, financial and legal problems they face.
We advise managers, families and individuals (including, where applicable, their family office) who own companies, helping them find an optimal tax structure for their business and personal assets both in France and overseas.
In terms of wealth and inheritance taxes, we will work alongside you on all types of transactions involving the development and diversification of you assets (in particular acquisitions and sales of assets, equity stakes, transfer operations, settling shareholders’ agreements and family agreements, etc.).
The Private Wealth team works closely with the Corporate Private Equity teams and the firm’s foreign offices to assist private clients and their families in establishing appropriate vehicles for structuring and managing their assets and their activities in France and abroad.
We are also able to manage entrepreneurs, directors and shareholders in private groups, both in France and abroad, all the legal and tax aspects of:
- holding property or financial assets (works of art, vehicles, etc)
- international wills, tax and estate planning, including transnational structuring where family members or assets are located in multiple jurisdictions
- optimal cross-border structuring of financial assets, depending on the professional and private assets held by its clients, and
- preventing conflicts between members of a family group or between private investors, using our experience and expertise drafting family agreements and/or agreements between shareholders.