From our Paris office, we offer a comprehensive range of legal and tax services.
We can advise companies, investors and family groups, as well as executives, management teams and private individuals.
Offering French business law and tax advice, we can help you with the national and international structuring of your operations and protection of your personal and business assets. We currently advise:
- private and listed companies on their national or cross-border transactions and on French and international taxation
- private investors and family groups on their investments and the creation of legal entities to manage and protect those investments
- wealthy individuals and families on the full range of personal legal needs - from wealth planning to family matters
- private and listed companies and their managers on the resolution of disputes
- companies and large international groups on all issues related to French employment law concerning their operations in France, on both an individual and organisation basis.
We provide clear analysis, responsive and practical advice and, above all, we put your needs first to deliver a truly personal service. Our legal skills, commercial awareness and team-work will ensure your commercial and legal needs are fully covered.
Corporate in Paris
Our Corporate team can offer you a comprehensive range of legal services. We worth with both public and privately owned companies, entrepreneurs and family groups, as well as their shareholders, executives and management teams.
Our advice in M&A and private equity covers the full scope of corporate activities, from structuring, growth capital and acquisitions to reorganisations and sales.
Our team's M&A work encompasses French and cross-border acquisitions and divestments, complex reorganisations and restructurings, corporate rescues and distressed transactions.
Our highly experienced Private Equity team has an in-depth knowledge of advising on legal, tax and financing aspects of private equity transactions including MBOs, MBIs, secondary buy-outs and exits. Their experience includes advising French and international investment funds on the acquisition and disposal of their investments as well as management teams, on both legal and tax aspects, in such transactions.
Other areas on which we advise include:
- corporate governance, commercial contracts
- legal, tax structuring and due diligence advice in relation to the acquisition of companies and assets (including real estate)
- contentious issues arising out of commercial contracts, licensing agreements, competition issues, and
- the establishment and tax structuring of entities including private equity, venture capital and real estate funds.
For more information, please contact Thibaut Caharel.
Corporate Tax in Paris
Getting it wrong can be expensive, and time consuming - time that is better spent building your business.
Our Corporate Tax team can work with you to help create tax frameworks which stand the test of time, adaptable to changes within your business or outside it.
From large scale projects to bespoke advice on discreet matters, our team has the expertise to support you.
We can advise you on the tax implications of company transactions such as the acquisition or disposal of businesses, reorganisations and the use of innovative structure to hold assets.
We can also advise you on tax disputes with tax authorities, VAT matters and the taxation of real estate.
Our team will advise you on changes in tax legislation and reforms that may impact the sectors that you are active in. Bringing together experts in our UK, Luxembourg and Swiss offices we can also advise on international tax matters, working closely with your other trusted advisers.
We like to build partnerships with our clients. We treat all of our clients in the same way, starting with getting to know them thoroughly. This means our solutions are tailored for each client's needs.
For more information, please contact Raphaël Bagdassarian.
Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency in Paris
In a global context of recurring pandemics, accelerated technological revolutions and environmental challenges, companies will have to be flexible and sometimes make difficult decisions to remain resilient in the coming years.
The assistance of an experienced team of specialists can make a real difference in enabling you to face particular challenges or situations and ensure a successful turnaround.
Our team in Paris offers pragmatic solutions to the operational and financial legal issues you may face, both nationally and internationally, by assisting you in deciding between various options available.
With the support of a global network of well-known professionals and an in-depth knowledge of cross-border bankruptcy proceedings and jurisdictions, our team can provide you with the best advice to manage complex situations.
Our team advises and assists debtors, creditors, shareholders and managers on all legal issues related to corporate restructuring, in a contentious or non-contentious context:
- Restructuring of companies or groups: acquisitions and disposals of businesses and assets, implementation of exit strategies, optimisation of legal structures, etc
- Debt restructuring: renegotiation of debts, purchase of receivables under a continuation plan, assistance in securing loans through appropriate guarantees,
- Assisting and presenting takeover bids for shares, business assets of companies in difficulty or assets
- Assisting shareholders, individuals or investment funds
- Assisting creditors, banks or suppliers with debtors: debt collection, property claims, declarations and challenges to claims, assertion of liability, etc
- Assisting managers in the implementation of successful turnaround strategies
- Assisting guarantors and managers, sued for sanctions or contributing to the liabilities of bankrupted companies
For more information, please contact Dimitri Sonier.
Employment in Paris
Our Employment team can advise you on formulating your business strategy as well as at each step of its implementation.
Our priority is to respond to your requirements at the same time as maintaining the highest degree of legal certainty.
Our team becomes involved mainly in one-off operations that involve structural problems, in particular in situations that are stressed or conflictual, working both with French and international companies.
We also work alongside our Corporate and M&A teams in the context of sales, mergers and acquisitions and outsourcing.
We advise clients on the following issues:
- business reorganisations and collective redundancy exercises undertaken for economic reasons
- collective bargaining and employee relationship management
- salary based saving schemes
- individual employment relationships
- individual and collective employment disputes
- IT charters and whistleblowing systems, and
- delegation of powers.
For more information, please contact Kim Campion.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Paris
Disputes have the potential to damage businesses, reputations and relationships, so we take a pragmatic approach to handling them for you.
Whether you are a corporate or a private client, we can advise and represent you in a wide range of disputes and regulatory issues.
We advise and represent French and foreign clients before French courts, and in internal and international arbitration. We also regularly advise on pre-litigation or settlement negotiations, preferring ADR to keep disputes out of formal proceedings wherever possible.
In the corporate arena, we regularly advise on commercial disputes arising out of corporate contracts or transactions including acquisitions, investments and re-organisations, shareholder arrangements, directors' duties and corporate finance transactions.
For more information, please contact Frédéric Jeannin.
Private Wealth in Paris
As preferred advisers to private investors and to players in the world of management of fortunes, we are in a unique position.
Present in the four major European investment and wealth management marketplaces – London, Luxembourg, Paris and Switzerland – as well as in the Middle East, we are one of the few firms able to provide comprehensive advice in the management of private wealth.
From our Paris offices, we can work with you on the legal and tax aspects of your cross-border transactions or your investments into France.
According to the Chambers Global 2013 Guide, the international private client services our firm provides rank among the top ten in the world. We advise clients whose interests span multiple jurisdictions, in particular Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, South America, India and Asia.
In Paris, the Private Wealth team is led by two highly experienced and renowned partners. Under their leadership, the team is able to provide you with an integral service, to help them manage the complex and constantly changing tax, financial and legal problems they face.
We advise managers, families and individuals (including, where applicable, their family office) who own companies, helping them find an optimal tax structure for their business and personal assets both in France and overseas.
In terms of wealth and inheritance taxes, we will work alongside you on all types of transactions involving the development and diversification of you assets (in particular acquisitions and sales of assets, equity stakes, transfer operations, settling shareholders’ agreements and family agreements, etc.).
The Private Wealth team works closely with the Corporate Private Equity teams and the firm’s foreign offices to assist private clients and their families in establishing appropriate vehicles for structuring and managing their assets and their activities in France and abroad.
We are also able to manage entrepreneurs, directors and shareholders in private groups, both in France and abroad, all the legal and tax aspects of:
- holding property or financial assets (works of art, vehicles, etc)
- international wills, tax and estate planning, including transnational structuring where family members or assets are located in multiple jurisdictions
- optimal cross-border structuring of financial assets, depending on the professional and private assets held by its clients, and
- preventing conflicts between members of a family group or between private investors, using our experience and expertise drafting family agreements and/or agreements between shareholders.
Structured and Project Finance in Paris
Developing and financing projects can present a unique set of challenges.
We are able to provide you with a personable, highly responsive specialist service, suited to the needs and requirements of your specific business and projects.
Our team will advise you on the entire range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions as we have significant experience in structuring, negotiating and restructuring all types of financing and refinancing transactions worldwide. We can advise French and foreign arrangers, agents, participating lenders, mezzanine funds and borrowers. Our team has the expertise to assist funds, institutional and private investors and management companies in their structured finance and debt restructuring transactions. Our team operates through our offices in all types of financing including corporate financing, acquisition financing (listed and unlisted companies, LBOs, MBOs, MBIs and other leveraged buyouts), syndicated loans, and asset financing, providing you with hands-on, practical and tailored support that you need.
Our team has a specific focus on the energy and infrastructure sector and therefore can work with you both in the legal and financial structuring of financing transactions and in the drafting and negotiation of the documentation specific to this type of transaction (credit documentation, security interests and guarantees, etc.).
For more information, please contact Sandrine de Sousa.