Property Patter: Episode 5 - What’s in store for property law in 2020?
In this episode of Property Patter, Emma Humphreys and Laura Bushaway welcome Guy Fetherstonhaugh QC and Gavin Bennison of Falcon Chambers to discuss some of the cases we can expect to see in the world of property law this year.
List of cases mentioned in the podcast:
- S. Franses Limited v. Cavendish Hotel (London) Limited  UKSC 62
See our insight: A fixed and settled intention to obtain vacant possession
- London Kendal Street No.3 Limited v. Daejan Investments Limited  7 WLUK 589
See: Falcon Chambers - Nathaniel Duckworth and Caroline Shea QC appear for the landlord in London Kendal
- Riley’s Sports Bars (2014) Limited v. CGW Snooker LLP – to be heard in January 2020
- EE Limited and Hutchison 3G UK Limited v. Sir James H E Chichester & Others as Trustees of the Meyrick 1968 Combined Trust  UKUT 164
- Berkeley Square Investments Limited v. Berkeley Square Holdings Limited  UKUT 384
- Shaviram Normandy Limited v. Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council  UKUT 256
- Alexander Devine Children’s Cancer Trust v. Housing Solutions Limited to be heard in the Supreme Court during 2020 (Court of Appeal citation: Alexander Devine Children’s Cancer Trust v. Millgate Developments Limited  EWCA Civ 2679)
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Limited v. Ashloch Limited  UKUT 338
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Limited v. Compton Beauchamp  EWCA Civ 1755
See our insight: Court of Appeal gives Code operators food for thought
- Coventry v. Lawrence  UKSC 50
See our insight: Rights to light: are injunctions a thing of the past?
- Shelfer v. City of London Electric Lighting Co (No. 1)  1 Ch. 287
- Beaumont Business Centres v. Florala Properties - case ongoing
See our insight: Will there be light at the end of the tunnel?
- Duval v. 11-13 Randolph Crescent Limited – Judgment awaited from the Supreme Court (Court of Appeal citation: Duval v. 11-13 Randolph Crescent Limited  EWCA Civ 2298)
See: Laura Bushaway speaks on the Estates Gazette podcast on the implications of the Duval v. 11-13 Randolph Avenue Crescent Limited case
News & Insights
Property Patter: Episode 6 - Removing Trespassers
In the sixth episode of our series, we look at the removal of trespassers from property.
Assessing secret commissions
Joe Edwards and Will Leney report on a case relating to mortgage enforceability and secret commissions.